JetBeam PC10 Questions

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I saw this light, it's small and I am surprised by the output/draw.

-What runtimes are you guys getting with you PC10 on RCR123s?
-RCR 123s produce the 550 ANSI right off the bat(Just for assurance)?
-Is there a stepdown after a few minutes like SC600/XT11 have?
-Will lower modes be accessible?
-What's the max MAH you can get for a RCR123? 18650 now go up to 3100mah!

Thanks for any help, I am just curious about this light. I am not sure if I will go for it or not.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
Oh wow thanks, that was one long review. I think I keep my eyes on that G25 beauty.

nathan225

Newly Enlightened
well I just got the pc 10 as a Christmas gift and I love it really bright on rcr123s and I have not had a chance to do run time test yet and I don't think that it steps down so you have to be careful cause it will get pretty hot after a while running on max and other thing that I noticed was the I was first running it on an off brand battery and I had problems with the light shutting off when changing modes but I started using an aws brand cell and have not had any more problems and yes you can use low on the pc 10 but not on the pa 10 which is the aa version that is what made the decision for me

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Unfortunately, the huge increase in capacity that we have seen occur with 18650 cells is not reflected in the smaller cells we use. The 16340 cell may be approximately half the length, and not much smaller in diameter, but the capacity is far from being half that of a 18650 cell. Due to their being used in laptop batteries, 18650 cells are subject to much more development than other cells, and hence the increased capacity. The highest capacity that you will generally see claimed for a 16340 cell (well, other than one absurdly over-rated cell that I have seen, listed as 2000mAh.....) is 1200mAh, with 880 or 900mAh being common claims. However, the capacity of these cells is almost always exaggerated. 750mAh is currently the highest capcity rating that I would be willing to trust. Hopefully in time we will see cells with genuinely higher capacities, but right now, 16340 cell capacities tend to be low.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
Hey guys, I found a noticeable difference between a pc10 I just got vs the pc10 that selfbuilt, sbflashlightguy, and snareman reviewed...The "caution HOT" logo is on the side of the head opposite the circumference where the jetbeam pc10 logo is, and the serial number is now on the head instead of on the body tube opposite the jetbeam pc10 logo. Anybody else notice this? Possiblly a knockoff?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
-What runtimes are you guys getting with you PC10 on RCR123s?
-RCR 123s produce the 550 ANSI right off the bat(Just for assurance)?
-Is there a stepdown after a few minutes like SC600/XT11 have?
-Will lower modes be accessible?
Thanks for any help, I am just curious about this light. I am not sure if I will go for it or not.

For information on runtimes, check the minireview by selfbuilt: it's the only decent review out there and it includes runtimes with RCRs.
It answers most of the questions you are asking.

Hey guys, I found a noticeable difference between a pc10 I just got vs the pc10 that selfbuilt, sbflashlightguy, and snareman reviewed...The "caution HOT" logo is on the side of the head opposite the circumference where the jetbeam pc10 logo is, and the serial number is now on the head instead of on the body tube opposite the jetbeam pc10 logo. Anybody else notice this? Possiblly a knockoff?
They might just have changed where they display the serial number on newer batches: drop JetBeam a mail and ask them. They are usually quick to reply.

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys! FINALLY got my AW ICR123 and 16340 IMR for my PC10, and I noticed a substantial increase in general brightness with me eyeballs. To the naked eye, the ICR powers the light at about ~12% visually brighter than with the Surefire cells i picked up over the weekend. The IMR is even around 5-8% visually brighter than the ICR. (Both the ICR and IMR came charged at 3.92V and 3.93V, respectively, and the Surefire came up to 3.23V. I can't wait to go out tonight to see just how much brighter the AW's are :D. Using my lux meter at just over a meter gives me OTF values of :
IMR: 4,380+~ lux
ICR: 3,870~ lux
Surefires: 2,840~ lux

I still have yet to do subjective runtime tests, but if they'll take anything as long as it took my Klarus on the moonlight mode, i'm very reluctant to do so lol. I'm the kind of person who will set up a camera on time lapse 5 second intervals and just let it run its course. Besides, selfbuilt has already posted tested ansi-standard specs :D For anybody who has a Xeno E03 for comparison, the PC10 has a slightly deeper and smooth reflector, the E03 is OP and shallower, but there are very minor artifacts in the PC10's hotspot, whereas the E03 is a nicely transitioning "wall" of light. If I eyeball average the spill and hotspot of the Xeno Vs. the Jetbeam, the Xeno has superiority in closer quarters where more flood is needed. In an open area and outdoors, the Jetbeam has MUCH more utility, and the brightness difference becomes transparently clear: In short, the Jetbeam dwarfs the Xeno in overall OTF light. (This may be due in part to the Jetbeam having a cooler white bin than the Xeno's WONDERFUL neutral tint. I wonder If I could stick a neutral bin into the jetbeam? :D) This observation was made when the 14500 in the Xeno was running 3.85V and the Surefire in the PC10 was 3.25V. Because of the difference in the beam pattern, the lux of the Xeno at max brightness was only around 1500 lux PEAK. Maybe i'm doing something wrong? I will try to take some pictures later tonight, but my camera doesn't do too well at lower light levels at longer distances. One more thing, from eyeballing the beams on a tree at ~60 yards, (180 feet) the PC10 was sufficient in picking out individual branches and leaves with the naked eye. With the Xeno, while being an amazing light at closer quarters (20-75(MAX) feet), the beam dissipated too much to pick out many details, I could see that there was a tree and blurry green moving around. Both are great lights, it's just that the PC10 is more of a wow factor when outdoors, and puts out alot more light OTF.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question: Anybody else getting a 2.5-3 amp measurement at the tail of their pc10 running surefire's 123s on max? My AW ICR is at 1.01A and the IMR is at 1.06A.

AMPSMaxHighMidLow
AW ICR1.09.8.07.01
AW IMR1.08.99.07.01
Surefire2.7.7.08.01

Last edited: