Blue Photon with Blue LED?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I was leaving the chip shop (fish 'n' chips) last night and a young lady was using a blue LED to find her car door lock in the dark. Realising that I knew her from school (that's a long time ago now!) I walked over to say "Hi!". It turns out she was in a gadget shop and saw it; thought it looked cool and bought it.

I believe it was a PhotonII (blue case with blue LED). I showed her my ArcAAA turq but she decided that it was too big for her keys. Turns out that when her LED light goes too dim she takes it to a watch shop and gets them to change the batteries.

When I told her I've met David - the inventor of the Photons she was like "Wow!"

Conclusions:
23 year old female who talks to me.
Likes LEDs. EDC's an LED light.
Rich enough to pay somebody to replace the batteries.
Single.
Graduate.
Blonde.

I'm off to marry her!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back on topic -
Do Photon make other colour cases with same coloured LEDs?
Anyone got any photos?

Thanks

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
forget the light, Al. You should be out on a date right now. Marry her!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

AlphaTea

Enlightened
AFAIK Photon microlights only come with black cases. They do have another model that is blue but does not look the same as a Photon I, II or III.
However there are some "clones" out there. See this post on the Photon website forum. This is probably what you saw:
PhotonClone.jpg

P.S. Marry her before she gets away!!!

paulr

Flashaholic
The Photon Rav'n Party Light has a blue case, but it has that silly multi-color LED changing colors all the time. It does look like you could transplant Photon III guts and a blue LED into it.

Could it be that your lady friend is more than a flashaholic... dare I say it, could she actually be a ... modder???

If so, I'm sure every other CPF'er online wants to marry her too. Bring her here, we can have a mass wedding /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
All right, Al! You go guy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

BC

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Genuine Photon I, II, and III will always come in an opaque black case. The Rav'n comes in a translucent blue case, and the X-Lights come in combination translucent/transparent cases to match the LED color, but as far as I'm aware, the others only come with black cases.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, a true flashaholic indeed! Lights first, date later!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike 161

Newly Enlightened
I was in a sporting goods store tonight; I was checking out the lights they had in stock, and I found a genuine "Photon II" light with a "camouflage" case. I forgot the type of camouflage - I do remember it was not the typical "woodland" pattern so often used. It had a "white" LED, and had a price of (I believe) $15.95. There was only one left. I didn't buy it, as I spent my money on items I needed for work.

Mike

richpalm

Banned
Boy, I'd be chasing her like a Spitfire after a Messerschmitt!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Tally ho!! Go for it!

Rich

Size15's

Flashaholic
AlphaTea,

You are likely to be right. I guess she didn't know any better /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Thanks for posting the photos.
I didn't have a close enough look to tell whether it had the Photon logo on it.

Al

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Al, ... I bet I know *where* you looked ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

richpalm ... a Spitfire chasing a Messerschmitt? Hm ... in your dreams ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bernhard off topic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't have plans to see her again. Anyway, I've have to bribe her not to post about any of the flashlights I carry and use.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
(straying off topic further)

I have always been partial to the Focke Wulf 190 myself.
I prefer the long nose "Dora" model. It would definately
be chasing the Spitfire! (especially at higher altitude)

(but we digress)

Ask her up to your place to "show her your SureFire collection" . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Lux_Luminous said:
Ask her up to your place to "show her your SureFire collection" . . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
(Straying further on the same topic)
Nothing but HA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
1, 2 or even 3-cell body?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
(still off-topic?)

SIX BATTERIES AND AN INSTANT RE-CHARGE? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif