Swedish Biltema 10000mAh D Cell batteries

Swede74

Enlightened
I haven't tried them, but the fact that they are almost twice as cheap as the 9000 mAh "GP D-batteri" that I found on Kjell & Company calls for caution in my opinion. I would choose "Varta D/Hr20 Ready2Use", 3000 mAh, second generation D-cell from Claes Ohlson, but of course their capacity is significantly lower. You would probably rather hear from someone with actual experience of the batteries you asked about, but since Scandinavians are a minority here that may take a while, and maybe an opinion is better than nothing :)

Last edited:

MrNoPain

Newly Enlightened
I've also seen those 9000mAh D Cells from Kjell & Company.
But since i need lots of batteries i'm looking for a cheaper but still good alternative.
I'm thinking of buying a couple of the 10000mAh batteries from Biltema but i'm not really sure how to verify that they actually are 10000mAh.
I found lots of batteries on E-Bay that looked very promising, but after reading all the negative reviews about them not being even close to 10000mAh i don't dare to order from there :(

auriga

Newly Enlightened
I have only tried Biltema's AA and AAA cells and they are very high quality. Low self discharge and always higher than rated capacity. I would not hesitate to try the D cells if i needed them.
If you are bying from Kjell, stay away from the PowerBase Instant cells, worst batteries I have ever had, almost all of them have died within a year.

MrNoPain

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advise about the PowerBase cells from Kjell i'll stay away from them.
I have now found a source i asia who sell all sorts of batteries to a much better price than here in Sweden.
A friend of mine ordered from them a couple of months ago and he's still happy.
I have ordered a bunch of 11000mAh D cells and some AA to D Cell converter cases from them and i hope they are good.
Any suggestions on how to test the batteries to se if they really are 11000mAh?

Latest posts