Loose Head on Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott

Enlightened
The head is loose on my Arc AAA. A few months ago I cleaned and lubed the threads with Mil-tec. Also, the rubber O-ring is missing. Now the threads are too loose and the head has actually come off in my pocket. It will also turn itself on just as easily. I'm not sure what has caused this problem-- the Mil-tec or the loss of the O-ring. Any suggestions or ideas?

Scott

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The o-ring just coming off doesn't make sense to me. Even purposely attempting to take it off is a challenge. Using a petroleum based lubricant can deteriorate the o-ring, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. The wouldn't explain the loosening of the head/threads.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
arc orings are resistant to the petrolium, so that isn't a problem.

getting a new oring will fix the problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened
The O-ring seems to serve three functions. First as a waterproofing seal, second, to add friction to prevent accidental turning on/off and loosening, and third, to steady the head since there is play in the threads. So what you describe makes sense. A new O-ring will fix both problems.

Send a S.A.S.E. to ARC with a note requesting an O-ring for the AAA, and a foam ring if you need it. There's no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.