I have a few questions about mods I would like to do.

camoman2

Newly Enlightened
I have an L2P that I would like to upgrade from my R5 XPG. I have a Truenite XML single mode drop in on the way. Since my order, I have decided that I want more than the advertised output of 460lm. What ampage controller would I have to get to push this drop in to 600lm? Would this be in the safe range for this drop in? I want it to remain reliable. Where would I get a quality controller? Links please. Thank you very much.

brandocommando

Enlightened
It would not be worth it to try and modify that module IMO...

I would sell it or return it, and get an XM-L module by one of the CPF builders here.
There are 2.8A, 3.1A, 3.5A, and 4.2A modules available on here that will all do 600+ lumens with ease!

Check out the "custom and modified B/S/T" section on here...

scottyhazzard

Enlightened
To add to what Brandocommando said- Not enough of an improvement in lumens to make it visibly better. Make the jump to a 2.8amp driver with potting, beefy wires and wrap your P-60 in copper foil for a snug fit so that the extra heat has an easier path to follow- Solarforce lights have a slightly loose hold on the P-60.

LilKevin715

Enlightened
It depends on what kind of power source you are using. If you are using a single li-ion (e.g. 18650) then you can use the higher amp drivers that have been mentioned (based off of AMC7135 linear regulator). If you are using 2 X CR123 then you are pretty much limited to 1.5A (buck driver).