dereelight dbs question

weidmark

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

So i would like to pick up a DBS v3. It seems like the R2 has the best throw (which is what I am after), but it also has a warmer color (which I don't like but I will make the sacrifice if needs be). I prefer a pure white light.

My question is about all the different pill options. There is 1S, 1SM, 3SD, 3SM. I have been looking all over to find the one I should pick. I am hoping to run the light off one or two 18650s and would like the most output possible.

Could anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

**EDIT** It appears I need to use the 1SM or 3SM with the extension tube to use 2x18650 and get the max output. However I can still find nothing on the difference between 1SM and 3SM.

Last edited:

herculaneum79

Newly Enlightened
No problem.

1S (one stage): XR-E R2/XP-E/XP-G, Input range 2,8-4,2V, Output: 1,2A, only 1x18650 or 1x17670 can be used

1SM (one stage multi power): XR-E R2/XP-G/SST-50/XM-L, Input range 3,4-16V, output 1,2A (SST-50 and XM-L at 2.5A).

……… and so on.
The "S" stands for stage, the "M" for multi power (= higher voltage range, can be used with more types of batteries). The "D" stands for "digital".
[h=1][/h]I ordered my DBS-T with the 2MT-M pill, So i can use one 18650 (lower output) or two 18650 or two 16340.
Maybe you'd like to read my review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ereelight-DBS-T-(tactical-thrower)&highlight=
[h=1][/h]

weidmark

Newly Enlightened
No problem.

1S (one stage): XR-E R2/XP-E/XP-G, Input range 2,8-4,2V, Output: 1,2A, only 1x18650 or 1x17670 can be used

1SM (one stage multi power): XR-E R2/XP-G/SST-50/XM-L, Input range 3,4-16V, output 1,2A (SST-50 and XM-L at 2.5A).

……… and so on.
The "S" stands for stage, the "M" for multi power (= higher voltage range, can be used with more types of batteries). The "D" stands for "digital".
I ordered my DBS-T with the 2MT-M pill, So i can use one 18650 (lower output) or two 18650 or two 16340.
Maybe you'd like to read my review: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...ereelight-DBS-T-(tactical-thrower)&highlight=

Thanks. Your pics looks great.

Since I plan on only useing the highest output, i guess i should get the XP-G. However im still a little hazy on the difference between 1SM and 3SM.

**EDIT** Well it appears the 3SM is the only one that I can use 2x18650s with... so I guess that is what I am going with. :)

Last edited:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
If you want the maximum throw then get an XR-E, as these have a higher lux even though they have less lumens than the alternatives. For even more throw get the aspheric head (but while you will get great throw you will have hardly any useable spill).

Latest posts