Fenix L2P repair or mod?

trailbiker

Newly Enlightened
My L2P got dropped and no longer works. It looks like Fenix will repair it, but I was wondering if there is anyone here who still mods these lights as a service?

Would not mind a bit more output. I am juggling way too many projects at the moment to dive into dong this myself.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Only 4 posts from 2005. Wow you're a man of few words. LOL! All kidding aside maybe just buy a new light.

trailbiker

Newly Enlightened
Only 4 posts from 2005. Wow you're a man of few words. LOL! All kidding aside maybe just buy a new light.

Yes, I have not racked up a bunch of posts here. I have a number of other lights, head and hand, enough to qualify me as a flashaholic. I just really like the L2P slim form factor. That and I'm kind of philosophically opposed to throwing things away when they can still be of service.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
........I'm kind of philosophically opposed to throwing things away when they can still be of service.

I think you have to look at the economics. In our modern day and age of mass production and newer technology coming out all the time making flashlights better and less expensive...........that I wouldn't spend any money getting this fixed unless its under warranty or less than what you could sell it used for.

I had the L1P/L2P that I modded with SSC-P4 and that helped it greatly. But with the older Lux LED, I wouldn't mess with it. I had a Fenix L2T that was bad and not under warranty and I sold it on Ebay to someone that wanted it in that condition, so you might find a modder looking for a host.

I use to mod a lot more lights but the way they are making them nowadays, its pretty hard to compete against an already great flashlight off the shelf. This is a blessing in disguise for you to get a new flashlight!! :devil:

Last edited: