• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Mag 623 100 Watt Flashlight Mod

jayrob

Enlightened
(Sold): Mag 623 100 Watt Flashlight Mod

Sold: Mint condition, used less than 20 minutes. I built this in a smoke colored 3D sized Maglite with the parts shown below. The batteries fit nice with the custom sleeve, and tail cap modification shown...

* 3D Maglite host (smoke)
* Aluminum switch and Incan driver
* Aluminum reflector to handle the heat
* Borofloat glass lens to handle the heat
* Osram 64623 100 Watt bulb
* Fiberglass sleeve and tail cap mod for fitting the 26500's
* 4 X AW IMR 26500 Li-Ion batteries

Mag 623 - 1.jpg
Mag 623 - 2.jpg
Mag 623 - 3.jpg
Mag 623 - 5.jpg
Mag 623 - 4.jpg

The switch is molded in an aluminum body for good heat management, it has a ceramic socket for the 100 Watt bulb mount.

It is a 3 mode driver. (low, medium, high) Click 'off / on' for switching modes. To turn off, you click and hold for about 2 seconds...

Current draw from the batteries:

Low - 4.3 Amps
Medium - 6.6 Amps
High - 9.6 Amps (from what I read, this is about 2800 lumens)

In the high setting, this light gets very hot, very fast. The high setting is mostly just to show off that you can light a fire with a flashlight. I say that, because the run time on high (with the IMR 26500's), will only be about 12 to 15 minutes...

(very cold out - if in the summertime, this paper would light much faster)

As can be seen in the video, it has a good amount of throw (due to it's brightness), but is also a flood type of output.

The head of the light can turn in or out for fine tuning the focus, but once you get the focus you like, you will not be using the focus ability. (not needed)

I am selling the complete build with two extra bulbs for $160 dollars plus shipping. (batteries not included)

If you want the IMR 26500 batteries, I will include the 4 of them for $50 bucks...

Couple of notes:
The switch has an electronic circuit. So for this build, you do not want to store the batteries inside the light for extended periods. I mean a couple of days is no big deal. But there is a very small draw from the electronic switch. So you could ruin your batteries if you left them in the light.

Also, these IMR 26500 cells can output the high current demand that the light has, but they are not protected cells. So you must be very careful not to over discharge your batteries.

Post here and/or send a PM if interested!
beer.gif

P.S. If you have not seen it, please check out my 1000 lumen XM-L T6 Mag mod! :D

Last edited:

CMAG

Enlightened
Re: FS: Mag 623 100 Watt Flashlight Mod

how used are the AW cells ?

jayrob

Enlightened

Just one cycle...

Basically new cells. I'm not selling them separate from the light though. I mean I would sell the light separate from the batteries, but not the other way around...

CMAG

Enlightened

:takeit::paypal:

Last edited: