TCR2 Malfunctioning

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Grabbed my TCR2 tonight to walk the dogs and it wouldn't turn on. I noticed it flickering slightly the last couple of times I used it but nothing to indicate it was about to give out. I looked high and low for the bottle of alcohol but couldn't find it. I will get some more tomorrow. Anyway, I know the routine of using the alcohol and swabs to clean the contacts and I have NyoGel for the threads. My main question is how to get the rubber boot off the switch to clean in there. The light comes with a replacement boot so I assume this is suppose to be done by the user. I did replace the battery with a fresh primary cell but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just mentioned this in another thread...common problem is probably the tailcap retaining ring is loose. There is 2 holes in the retaining ring...try tightening the ring, and see if that works.

I just thought about it...There might not be a retaining ring. Let us know.

Last edited:

LumensMaximus

Enlightened
Try another battery or two before you take anything apart...you never know :shrug:. I've had a similar situation with other brands of lights and ended up with what I thought were new batt's were actually just low on juice :thumbsup:.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Well, I finally got to the store and picked up a bottle of alcohol. I gave it a good clean and lube and I'm back in action. It's funny because I didn't think it would be as dirty as it was since it is not my primary edc and it is less than a year old. Live and learn I guess. Made me give my HDS 170Cn a good cleaning since I had all the stuff out and it is my primary edc. Thanks for the replies. As for the tail cap retaining ring, there does not appear to be an obvious way to tighten or loosen anything on the tailcap. This is odd since it comes with the extra boot. I would still be interested for any info on this for future reference.