FourSevens        
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120123124125126127128129130
Results 3,871 to 3,894 of 3894

Thread: 500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Default Re: 500 Lumen - AAA Flashlight (photos) - Work In Progress - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by moshow9 View Post
    Were you able to touch base again in August, or more recently? The MBI website is no more. I would hate for this to be the last we hear of Guy.
    whois shows it is still a registered website and it was just renewed in october. just does not have a valid name server pointing to it now. if we had the ip i'm betting it's still there
    It might be that he does not having any products to sell. He was doing this as a hobby and the way this project went, with multiple board designs I'm not sure he ever recovered financially.

Enlightened

Now i really start to believe this project died. Not too worried about my money (i did get HF), but i would have liked to see the torpedo and the charger.. I hope Guy returns of course, but the chances are slim. Last post here is November 2016.. What a pity.

Agreed, his products are unique and just downright cool.
    It took a few months, but Guy did everything he said he was going to do, fulfilled my order of the matchbox micro-lights from his kickstarter, and even gave me two free replacement heads for my HF.

I do hope to see his return one day

Have torch, will travel.

I agree with the above two posters in that Guy will be sorely missed by me if he doesn't return to CPF. However his health is more important than satisfying my flashlight addiction (which he did admirably) and I hope for and wish him all the best in that department. Guy was extremely nice, friendly and polite in my dealings with him and he always erred on the side of generosity. I only hope that working so hard to please us wasn't a contributory factor in whatever is ailing him at present.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    I agree with the above two posters in that Guy will be sorely missed by me if he doesn't return to CPF. However his health is more important than satisfying my flashlight addiction (which he did admirably) and I hope for and wish him all the best in that department. Guy was extremely nice, friendly and polite in my dealings with him and he always erred on the side of generosity. I only hope that working so hard to please us wasn't a contributory factor in whatever is ailing him at present.

Well said...I fully agree!

Best regards Guy with No Name

John 3:16

What happen to TGWNN?

Quote Originally Posted by Newguy2012 View Post
    What happen to TGWNN?
    He has some vague health problems. We do not have the specifics of.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were not stress related from this project. After the initial shipments (1-4) there was some feedback and he attempted to iterate the controller board. Several failed attempts, a vendor change, and some other things happened and then and then and then nothing more transpired on this thread except a Guywatch which continues to this day.

I don't think TGWNN was a high enough volume seller to make up the losses and i think he has suffered ever since from it.
    I wish we could wipe the slate so he could come back but I also know if i was in group 5 i'd be upset I never got mine.

I hope i am wrong, and guy gets better and comes back. But if he doesn't at least he was a shooting star that we all got to witness flash through the sky

Really wish an update would be posted. I'm still out $100 or so on this light from like 5 years ago or something like that.

Enlightened

Just a quarter-yearly bump. Monthly seemed too often.
    Seriously:
    Does anyone have any info?

Is there a way to unmark this thread so it stops coming up as something I posted in?
    GOOD TINT!

Flashaholic*

Iím glad I didnít get in on this. I just find it odd that everyone kept saying ďoh I hope he gets betterĒ yet the entire time this project was on hold and people awaited lights there was still crowdfunding going on and other projects were going out. Iím not saying guy wasnít sick and I have no right to judge anyone whatsoever so Iíll just say this, a lot of you all are a lot more patient and understanding than I ever would have been. Itís not a huge amount of money but itís still money I would have worked for.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us, how he kept us in the loop, and how much money he spent on his projects. There is no doubt in my mind that he lost a lot of money with his ambitious projects. Your comments are valid, though.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by KITROBASKIN View Post
    I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us
    This, exactly, I would have hated to have had this ruin a relationship with someone who was always there to answer questions and help however they could. Things happen, you do what you can and move on. Had I been monetarily invested in this it would have ruined my perspective on a person at the time I considered a remarkable visionary for what we could do with our hobby. I wish him the best and hope this gets resolved one way or another for all parties involved.
    hunter, fisherman, flashlight enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Is there a way to unmark this thread so it stops coming up as something I posted in?
    No Mark there is not. CPF does not offer that functionality.
    Be sure You unsubscribe to thread notifications also

Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    Well, there's, oh, never mind, Got Lumens was already here...

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    No Mark there is not. CPF does not offer that functionality.
    Be sure You unsubscribe to thread notifications also
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Does markr6's question then bring up the possibility that perhaps this thread should be locked? Many of us here inherently dislike locking but wondering how members feel. If someone wants to put a candle in the window for the guy with no name, then they can start a thread?

Does markr6's question then bring up the possibility that perhaps this thread should be locked? Many of us here inherently dislike locking but wondering how members feel. If someone wants to put a candle in the window for the guy with no name, then they can start a thread?
    Trouble is some members still have money on the table. Locking the thread seems symbolic of forcing them to accept a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    Trouble is some members still have money on the table. Locking the thread seems symbolic of forcing them to accept a loss.
    You are correct.
    I'm going to send him a package to his last known address to see if he get's it.
    Anyone else try that instead of electronics(PM/Email)?

I think many of us know how Guy helped so many of us, how he kept us in the loop, and how much money he spent on his projects. There is no doubt in my mind that he lost a lot of money with his ambitious projects. Your comments are valid, though.
    Every time I saw him he insisted on paying for whatever we ordered. Usually just coffee but actually a meal every once in a while. He'd always thank me for taking the time to come listen to him talk about flashlights.
    Outside of that, it sounded like he was cramming his flashlight obsession in between what sounded like an equally hectic career. Whatever we ever find out, or don't, it sure was an interesting period in CPF history.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

+1
    He was extremely cordial and grateful.
    He was passionate about what he did for us.

+2...I still carry my Ti HF-R daily. I come back here to check to see if TGWNN ever pops in...hopefully one day...

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    I think that ship sailed years ago. The light itself used a special 80mah 10250 that I don't believe you can buy elsewhere either, so those that do have it basically have a aaa light now anyway. and a aaa light that does not have a positive stop so it can turn on with no notice in your pocket, where, you can get impaled on the real "fin" points. I carry it every once in a while but mostly replaced it with a nitecore tip, tini and soon a TUP

edit: just checked, Matchbox instruments is gone, his mailing list signup is gone, his facebook hasn't had a post since 2016 and the same here on CPF.

here was his email back in the day
    ... others personal info deleted ...

if anyone wants to email him.
    Last edited by archimedes; 01-02-2019 at 03:45 PM. Reason: no posting of others personal info

Please review Rule 12 @cnlson ...

In addition, it is inappropriate to post personal information belonging to someone other than yourself in the open forums. This includes, but is not limited to, real name, address, phone number, email address, etc.... Violators of this policy may or may not be given a warning and may or may not lose posting privileges.
    ... is the archimedes peak

Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120123124125126127128129130