Peak Logan saves the day!

Pawnshop

Newly Enlightened
My GF bought me a Peak Logan (SS, pocket, 123, QTC) for Christmas and I was feeling a bit guilty about the price, but it paid for itself last night! Whilst driving down the road my power steering belt decided to explode and took out both alternator belts leaving me driving a #5000 Chevy M1009 with no power steering or power brakes! I got it safely into a parking lot and called the GF who came to the rescue with a new belt and with her small hands and mechanical knowledge (retired mechanic) we got them all changed out. The little Logan was indispensable, fitting into nooks and crannies so we could find the fittings to loosen. I wanted a Logan for pocket carry, tail standing and sticking into small places for illumination while working and it does all those things perfectly! I knew my reasons for buying were sound, but it's nice to put theory onto practice.

The dirty little guy before a bath:

IMAG0258-1.jpg

Burgess

Flashaholic
Anyway -- glad this story had a Happy Ending !

Happy 2012 to everyone on CandlePowerForums ! ! !

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what to envy more, the fact that you have a girlfriend who would buy you Peak Logan SS CR123 QTC, or the fact that she knew which belt to bring and was able to help you get the car running again. Sounds like a keeper to me, both the light AND the girlfriend :).

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what to envy more, the fact that you have a girlfriend who would buy you Peak Logan SS CR123 QTC, or the fact that she knew which belt to bring and was able to help you get the car running again. Sounds like a keeper to me, both the light AND the girlfriend :).

I was thinking the same thing.

Pawnshop

Newly Enlightened
Yep, the brakes get their power boost from the power steering pump, the M1009 is diesel powered so vacuum is hard to come by:)

Yep, I love the Logan! I do have to give an assist credit that night to my Streamlight Sidewinder, also very helpful. I have daily carried a flashlight for about eight years now starting with a Streamlight Stinger and feel naked without one, the Logan in my pocket and the Eiger X on my key ring are the smallest I own.

Another Yep on the GF, she IS a keeper, even though her ex did shoot me 11 years ago (another story, for another forum, no flashlights involved that night...)

LGT

Enlightened
Nice story Pawnshop. It's great when our lights come through in times like this. Putting them to practical use in a pinch allows us to appreciate them all the more. Very thoughtful gift from your GF. Who would have known that you both would find this light so useful, so soon.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
What a great story. I'm late by about 5 months but I enjoyed reading this nonetheless! I love my Logan and it's my current EDC.