Dereelight DA3 Light (1st impressions)

j3bnl

Enlightened
Well the new Dereelight DA3 arrived yesterday in the post so a big thanks to Alan at Dereelight for providing the light.:D

http://www.dereelight.com/da3.htm

Runs on a single AAA battery.

Spec :-

330uxzl.jpg

U/I is nice and simple. Small twist of the head to switch on and off and to switch between the 3 different power settings.

Comes supplied in a small white cardboard box and inside were the DA3, Diffuser tip, spare O rings and lanyard.

2lvk74w.jpg

34xnsia.jpg

The light itself is a greyish/bronze type 3 ano which has no imperfections that I can see.
Like this colour (nice change from black) and it reminds me of the ano colour of the Jetbeams I have owned.

2r7bi9g.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent.
The threads are nice and smooth and they came well lubed which has been sadly lacking on some lights I have bought.
I also like the wire type pocket clip. This is nice and strong and should keep the light attached firmly to a shirt pocket etc.

2edqnvd.jpg

The diffuser tip is a nice addition to the light and it does its job well. Its not like the Fenix ones as this one is just a small tip and not the wand type.

110d26x.jpg

154wz21.jpg

The light will come in a choice of 3 leds and 2 different tints according the packaging

fth2zd.jpg

The one supplied by Alan is the XP-G cool white version and this has a very pleasant tint, not too blue just the right shade.

bgs55d.jpg

Over all this is a cracking little light and will make a great keychain light and with the twisty on and off should never switch on accidentally in your pocket.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Thanks for the initial impressions, glad to hear Deree went back to the gray anodize.

What's your best guess on the Low lumen output?

=============================
icon3.gif

j3bnl

Enlightened
+

Thanks for the initial impressions, glad to hear Deree went back to the gray anodize.

What's your best guess on the Low lumen output?

=============================
icon3.gif

Sorry about the missing info.
Just got these figures from Alan.

Low: 2 lumens, 19h;
Medium: 10 lumens, 6h;
High: 86 lumens, 1h.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I've seen a possible price tag of $48 for this light.
Is that right?

Seems a bit steep to me, but I don't have one in my hand to play with.
Do you see where the money went so to speak? Is the price worth it in your opinion?

j3bnl

Enlightened
I've seen a possible price tag of $48 for this light.
Is that right?

Seems a bit steep to me, but I don't have one in my hand to play with.
Do you see where the money went so to speak? Is the price worth it in your opinion?

Well according to their website that seems to be the price.
I would have to agree it does seem a little high compared to their other lights but this can be the case when new lights are released..
According to the website its upgradable so that maybe is where some of the cash went.
It is a really well put together light compared with other AAA/AA lights I have owned.

I am a member of of UK forum and I have organised a passaround of this light to 6 other members so they can have a look at it.
The thread is here :-

http://www.britishblades.com/forums/showthread.php?138780-Dereelight-DA3-(AAA-Torch)-Passaround

Have a look in a week or two's time and see what some of them make of the DA3.

Last edited: