Lowes/Kobalt 500lm (3x)123's pics

DustinLSX

Newly Enlightened
I have more flashlights than I like to admit, but one more couldn't hurt. Walking through lowes a few days ago and I stopped to look at the flashlights like always. This Kobalt light claiming 500lm was screaming, buy me. So I decided to give it a shot.

A buddy of mine has an armadillo problem on his 10,000acre farm. Once a month or so we go on armored vermin patrol, which has to be done at night. Within the first 5min I realized this isn't your typical BS store brand light. To top it off, the batteries lasted all night, and are still kickin.

I now own 2 of them and my buddy owns one as well. I took it apart tonight to see what makes it tick. I was very happy with the design and components. It uses a Cree XM-L and has more heat sink area than any light I've ever seen.

Ok, didn't know you couldn't attach pics. Will update with pics asap.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

The emmiter and driver are housed in a huge heat sink that threads into the lower part of the 2pc head.

IMAG0293.jpg

IMAG0294.jpg

The reflector threads into the upper part of the head. The reflector itself is also a very large heat sink.

Last edited by a moderator:

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
Nice. This light used to be a 3-emitter and 4x CR123 design. Glad to see that it has been upgraded.

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
Got one tonight. Pulls about .93 amps at the tailcap with the enclosed 123's.