Best 1xCR123 Thrower?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any better 1xCR123 throwers other than the Lumintop L1C and the P1C?

There was a Ray D1 before, but i can't find it on sale anywhere.

Any help guys?

mikesantor

Enlightened
Funny you bring this up. Last night in between drinking a fine selection of craft beer I lego'd a 1xCR thrower. Basically it is a SF 3P with Ahortons Aspheric lens and Cree XRE R2 drop in. I personally dont think you will get much more throw in a 1x CR size. I would guess the next best thing would be a 6P style light with OMG lumens drop in, AKA the DEFT-EDC.

Good Luck!

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I just got.the.p1c and really like it. Throws almost as far as my quark aa2 turbo.. and its neutral! Not.bad for under 40 bucks! Tiny too!

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny you bring this up. Last night in between drinking a fine selection of craft beer I lego'd a 1xCR thrower. Basically it is a SF 3P with Ahortons Aspheric lens and Cree XRE R2 drop in. I personally dont think you will get much more throw in a 1x CR size. I would guess the next best thing would be a 6P style light with OMG lumens drop in, AKA the DEFT-EDC.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the tip Mike! :) I will check that out. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got.the.p1c and really like it. Throws almost as far as my quark aa2 turbo.. and its neutral! Not.bad for under 40 bucks! Tiny too!

Yeah, the throw of the P1C is almost identical to the L1C. Amazing for a light so small, right?

I wonder if there's a custom aspheric for those lights. that would be the bomb! haha :)

Latest posts