Nitecore T0?

Dishonor39

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone come across any comparison data between this light and the Fenix E01? I can't seem to find anything about the Nitecore T0 anywhere on CPF. Is it relatively new? I have been looking at getting a back up light on occasions that I carry my LD05, so I was looking for something in the AAA form factor to capitalize on carrying 1 type of cell with me.

davecroft

Enlightened
There are a few threads - here is the main one: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?321002-Nitecore-T0-(AAA). If you use the search function make sure you look under Nitecore T0, not Nitecore TO!

The T0 looked promising, and attractive, but those who have it seem disappointed for various reasons.

It seems to fall a long way short of being an E01 Killer, unfortunately. IMHO you would have to look hard to find a better, low cost, back up light than the E01.

Last edited:

Dishonor39

Newly Enlightened
I searched relentlessly for Nitecore T0, and the thread that you linked never came up, weird. I used my browser search and searched each page for T0 as well and nothing. The link you provided is exactly what I was looking for. The only other options I am coming up with the the single AAA back up are the Titanium Innovations Illuminati (not in titanium, the al version, 30 bucks), or the Mi10 by Klarus. The LD01 and Klarus X6 aren't making the cut because they come on in medium. Anyway, thanks for the link, exactly what I was looking for.

ragweed

Enlightened
I think the Nightcore TO is probably dead in the water so to speak. It is not an improvement over the E01 unless you like the fancy body.

Dishonor39

Newly Enlightened
Agreed, after reading the thread that davecroft linked, clearly seems to be an inferior product. Thanks.