How to get SL TL-2 LED for $39.99, sort of

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier I ordered a Streamlight TL-2 LED from Amazon.com for $39.99! Shipped! (No additional shipping charges.)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

(Edit: The light costs $59.99, shipping is free, and you'll get a $20 gift certificate redeemable on Amazon.com. Very tasty deal if you're an Amazon.com shopper!)

You can too, although I'm not sure how long this will be possible. Amazon.com is introducing a new "sporting goods" store, and they're offering a $20 gift certificate for any sporting goods purchase over $50.

Here's how to take advantage. Go to their Sporting Goods home page, then do a search for "Streamlight TL-2 LED". Add it to your shopping cart, complete the checkout (choose "Super Saver Shipping" to get the free shipping!), and you're done! The gift certificate is supposed to come to you through email within four weeks.

Now this of course isn't quite as good as cold hard cash, but if you buy things on Amazon.com anyway, you can shift $20 of what you would have spent there to other purposes. So in that sense, it can indeed become real cash.

I've done this sort of thing at Amazon.com before, and so far they have indeed made good on the gift certificates they offer, so I assume I'll get my $20 this time, too.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Maybe I shouldn't mention this, but the fine print on their site says each user can do this up to FIVE TIMES. So buy FIVE Streamlights, get $100 back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or load up on some lights for all those mods you've always wanted to do. Or whatever... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Re: How to get SL TL-2 LED for $39.99

Well...it isn't cash though. It's money you can only use on Amazon...

Now if it was a rebate, then it would rock! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hawk, you're right. I edited the title and inserted some boldfaced text to make sure your point is clear.

Still think it's a great deal, though. Here's what I said in another paragraph inserted in the original post...

"Now this of course isn't quite as good as cold hard cash, but if you buy things on Amazon.com anyway, you can shift $20 of what you would have spent there to other purposes. So in that sense, it can indeed become real cash."

Thanks for pointing that out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
milkyspit said:
Hawk, you're right. I edited the title and inserted some boldfaced text to make sure your point is clear.

Still think it's a great deal, though.

I'll inject some topic drift here...but because of threads like this on CPF, I found a great deal on a Sony M-37 on Amazon. I also got their "over $25."-free shipping, and I had that radio in my hands 72 hours later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif