CR 123 A batteries

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I would like to know if the battery has to say CR 123 A on it or can it say 123 photo on it ? Is there a difference in them ? Thanks so much .
Bill

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's more important to know where the battery was made. The common recommendation around here based on hard won experience is that the battery should be made in a factory in the US, Europe or Japan. There have been poor experiences with batteries made in China including occasional fires.

The original CR123A design was not intended for flashlight use, but modern designs have caught up with this application and batteries manufactured in the USA for example will work fine.

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
So all i have to do is make shure it is made in the US an have 123 on them an if it says photo it is ok.

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I plan to use them in my Eagle Tac P20c2 . Thanks for your help .

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I really did not get an answer ,dont mean to be a pain , but is it ok if it says 123 photo on the battery ? Plus 4 Sevens 123 are made in China i think that is what it says on their site . Thanks again for helping me .

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
No it's not OK because it could suggest those batteries are not intended for use in flashlights.

What light do you intend to use the batteries in? That might have a bearing on which batteries are most suitable.

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
I plan to use them in my Eagle Tac p20c2 . What if they say usa made but also say photo . I have in mind Energizer photo 123 ?

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's an Energizer brand made in the USA then it's fine. It doesn't matter what it says on the battery if the battery is one of the recommended ones. All CR123A batteries made in the USA are on the recommended list.

bassdawg

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks now i feel better that i know the battery wont ruin my flashlight .