Max Voltage Terralux Mag 4D Drop-In

PHeller

Newly Enlightened
I've got a 4/6D cell Terralux Drop-In from 2010 (I'm not sure what model).

Can I run this with two 6AA in my 2D Mag?

What about running a combination of AA converters and D-Cells to achieve the 6D-Cell voltage max?

I'm thinking of a Fusion 36, as I'm not sure I want to go the cut down route yet...just don't have the tools or experience. With the Fusion 36, I can get more light out of the 9 Volt max, but I'm not sure that my current unmodified 2D Mag is big enough to get anywhere near 9 volts.

Also, who's making 18650 adapters? I've got chargers and batteries for 18650 for my Shining Beam S-Mini...which is far brighter than my Mags...drop in or not.

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a 4/6D cell Terralux Drop-In from 2010 (I'm not sure what model).

Can I run this with two 6AA in my 2D Mag?

Regardless of size, most alkaline batteries put out 1.5V, so it doesn't matter if you are trying to use six AA or six D cells. Both configurations will produce 9 volts in total. The drop-in can take 6 to 9 volts, so it will certainly work with six AA batteries. The drawback of using smaller cells is that you will get less runtime.

What about running a combination of AA converters and D-Cells to achieve the 6D-Cell voltage max?

DO NOT mix different battery types. Period.

I'm thinking of a Fusion 36, as I'm not sure I want to go the cut down route yet...just don't have the tools or experience. With the Fusion 36, I can get more light out of the 9 Volt max, but I'm not sure that my current unmodified 2D Mag is big enough to get anywhere near 9 volts.

Again, six AA will provide 9V.

Also, who's making 18650 adapters? I've got chargers and batteries for 18650 for my Shining Beam S-Mini...which is far brighter than my Mags...drop in or not.

If you are thinking about running the drop-in using 18650, do not use more than two in total.

Last edited: