Water inside light help

PelicanCaseNut

Newly Enlightened
My E1B was recently submerged with the head removed. It works but I unscrewed the head again and I saw a drop inside the tube so how long should I dry it for. Should I be aware of any issues with shock or shorts?

How should I dry it? I dont want to use rice because it gets everywhere and its dusty.

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Take the head and the tailcap off. Using a hair/blow dryer, warm the head, tailcap and body (inside and out) up for about 3-5 minutes.

Then while unassembled, allow everything to cool off to room temperature again (10 minutes?). Re-assemble and you should be fine.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
To dry some thing I've put them on the dash of my car on a sunny day. Even in winter time it gets pretty warm with the sun shine.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a cheap diving light with the same problem. I washed the reflector with alcohol, then put it on the patio roof for about a week. Totally restored..... but it's still cheap!

raiderkilo

Newly Enlightened
Disassemble and put parts to rice for a few days

Sent from my E10i using Tapatalk

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also put it in a sealed container with some dessicant and let it sit for few days.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
I urge the use of rice or, better, a dessicant in a sealed container in such a situation. As I know from bitter experience, water, if left too long inside a binocular, will promote the growth of mould- and I don't know why that wouldn't also be the case for a flashlight

swan

Banned
Place all parts under a desk lamp overnight [approx 12"] - will be ready when u wake up.

Duraflametree

Newly Enlightened
+1 for sealed container and desiccant. My fiancé's iPhone got some water spilled on it and you could see droplets in the camera. I went to Michael's and got a bag of desiccant and sealed the phone up with it. The desiccant was like fine sand, so I put it into a stocking. Within 2 days it was completely dried out.

PelicanCaseNut

Newly Enlightened
I can still see what looks like very fine moisture inside the head on the reflector but the light works just fine, It seems like it might be lessening but I'm not sure. I have it apart so it can dry out.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Reflector finishes can be ruined by drying water from them too fast (hottub, Vegas, university girls, and my M6...... that was a long time ago and I've learned from experience that drying out flashlights and tech is better done slowly and gently. The rice method works. Give it a week or so.