Nebo Redline Tactical will not work

Swanny625

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I am happy to find fellow flashlight lovers. :D

Some time ago, I purchased two Nebo Redline Tactical flashlights. I was very satisfied with them for quite some time and had no issues. Suddenly, one of them stopped working. It would not turn on. I tried changing the batteries, but to no avail. I have had the lights for less than six months and have not used them nearly enough to burn out the bulbs, so something else is wrong. The lights will occassionally turn on when I tap them, but only briefly and immediately shut off should I try to change the setting.

I would be willing to chalk one up to being a lemon, but both? I must have done something wrong. How do I fix it?

Thank you,

Swanny

Sales Link Removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
You probably did nothing wrong, but just fell victim to a somewhat crappy light. It's unlikely that the LED itself is the problem. Its more likely a switch or contact issue or its possible the driver burned out. I suggest starting with this thread:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?227518-LED-Troubleshooting-guide-(budget-lights)

If you go through everything and nothing seems to work, contact the manufacturer to see if they provide any warranty support. If not, then you are looking at some more extensive troubleshooting that could involve switch or driver replacement. Both require trying to figure out what aftermarket replacements would possibly work in your light. I've never seen anyone actually take a Nebo apart before so I have no idea what type of driver or switch may be in it. Replacing a driver takes some soldering work and you need to have gone through enough troubleshooting to make sure that would be the issue. Whether all of that work is worth it depends on how much of a hobbyist youa re and how much you enjoy tinkering. It could also cost you more than the value of the Nebo depending on the components. In other words, if you are not a tinkerer, you will probably be better off upgrading to a better light.

betweenrides

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Swanny:

I have one of these lights and I doubt you did anything wrong either. My first one started failing on a night bike ride almost every time I hit a bump. I was able to 'fix' it by wrapping the 3-AAA holder in paper so it wasn't loose in the flashlight body. I grew tired of that however and took it back to the retail shop where I bought it for a replacement - I think it was a Batteries Plus outlet. I checked the display they had set up, probably 1/3 of the lights had loose holders in them. So a quick trouble shoot would be to shake it - if you hear any rattling, that may be the problem.

booky

Newly Enlightened
Stinks that your going through that. I personalyy have two as well, have owned them for over a year with no issues. Decent budget light IMHO.

Genius 1

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, I am happy to find fellow flashlight lovers. :D

Some time ago, I purchased two Nebo Redline Tactical flashlights. I was very satisfied with them for quite some time and had no issues. Suddenly, one of them stopped working. It would not turn on. I tried changing the batteries, but to no avail. I have had the lights for less than six months and have not used them nearly enough to burn out the bulbs, so something else is wrong. The lights will occassionally turn on when I tap them, but only briefly and immediately shut off should I try to change the setting.

I would be willing to chalk one up to being a lemon, but both? I must have done something wrong. How do I fix it?

Thank you,

Swanny

Sales Link Removed - Norm
Solder joint under the led breaks off, re solder and good to go