Surefire M6Lt

SwissT

Newly Enlightened
After 3 years since my last flashlight purchase will receive my Surefire M6LT tomorrow, can't wait, it's been far too long, glad to be back!!

Jeffa

Newly Enlightened
And a dandy you did purchase! Let us know how you like it.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Surefire should be a great light. Be sure to post your thoughts.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is your first torch in 3 years, prepared to be blown away by the amount of light coming out the front of the M6LT :D
Absolutely love my one, definitely a keeper.

Might want to think about getting a Mdocod 2 x 18650 batt holder. Running the torch from SF primaries is going to be expensive
especially at UK prices.

SwissT

Newly Enlightened
Well I took it out last night and I have to say this is one fantastic light, not a great amount of spil, but I have a diffuser for that, honestly a great upgrade from the M6

SwissT

Newly Enlightened
Youre right this a great light, are you using secondary's in yours if so how do they compare to primary's in terms of runtime and output. I have a 3 x 17670 mod that I've used in my M6 but am worried that this will be too much for the driver, any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks, Tony

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up mine from the mailroom at work! Too bad my break is only 15 minutes long and tomorrow night is a full moon. I noticed they are listed on the SF website for $425, the same price as the discontinued incan version.

My trusty incan M6 has been banished to the emergancy kit in my truck.

More thoughts on my latest toy after it gets dark.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fit and finish are fantastic. My light is that gorgeous olive color SF makes. This sucker is bright! It makes my M3LT (400 lumen variant) look bad. The tint is on the green side white wall hunting. I easily lit up a house about 500 m away. It throws a big wide cone of light. I put a FM24 beam diffuser on it and it puts out a massive bright flood of light, like a Malkoff M91. I also tried a FM25 and it puts out an intense red beam. The button on the tailswitch is smaller than my incan M6. The lens assembly does not have the "oil slick" that plagued the 1st generation of the KX9 heads. It is has a longer neck than the incan version.

I don't have a use for this light but it pleases me to have it! A worthy replacement for the M6. With a enough output, who needs color rendition?!

Last edited:

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't necessarily take my word for it before trying it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be able to accept 3x 17670s (12.6v max) if it can take 6 CR123s (over 20v) and 2x 18650 (8.4v).
It's probably covered somewhere else on CPF more specifically w/regards the M6LT though.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't necessarily take my word for it before trying it, but I can't see any reason why it wouldn't be able to accept 3x 17670s (12.6v max) if it can take 6 CR123s (over 20v) and 2x 18650 (8.4v).
I dont think that the M6LT has the 6 CR123 in series, the cells should be two CR123 in series and 3 of this paralle, or am I wrong this it? Therefore the voltage should be something about 6V. In an other thread I read that the M6LT works with Mdocod 2 x 18650 batt holder. But I never tried it.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M6LT is the purest of white, not even a touch of green/blue in the tint.

To give an idea of the runtime on 2 x 18650s, I used my M6LT over the weekend for well over
30 minutes (AW 18650 2900mah) Got home and placed the batts in the charger and they where fully
charged within 45 minutes

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont think that the M6LT has the 6 CR123 in series, the cells should be two CR123 in series and 3 of this paralle, or am I wrong this it? Therefore the voltage should be something about 6V. In an other thread I read that the M6LT works with Mdocod 2 x 18650 batt holder. But I never tried it.

Yeah I thought of that as a possibility. But if that is the case and the 3x 17670's are used in the original battery holder from the M6LT itself then you have 3x 4.2v in parallel in place of 3x 6v. So I still see no problems there.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I thought of that as a possibility. But if that is the case and the 3x 17670's are used in the original battery holder from the M6LT itself then you have 3x 4.2v in parallel in place of 3x 6v. So I still see no problems there.
That is not possible, here a picture of the M6LT battery holder:
http://www.surefire.com/MB20-Battery-Magazine

My M6LT was bought for small money but I gave my family the chance to play with the light til end of Febuary. Therefore I still have to wait a little... :(

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, sorry about that advice then, I wasn't aware it was designed like that. I guess Surefire really like to cover their backs to ensure they sell enough Primaries ;)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Oh yeah, sorry about that advice then, I wasn't aware it was designed like that. I guess Surefire really like to cover their backs to ensure they sell enough Primaries ;)
You don't have to 'guess' - there are pages of discussion on the M6 and it's MB20 battery carrier on CPF over the years.
:rolleyes: