Favorite light bought in 2011.

LGT

Enlightened
While I'm fairly certain most of you have bought multiple lights in the last year, which one just plain stands out as THE litght that you are the most impressed with? For me it's a toss up between the zl sc600 and the peak eiger, level 8. Both far exceded what I thought they could do.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I got a Fenix TK15, and TK21 for xmas.

I like the 15 better, as it seems to throw a little more. It looks outstanding as well. Best looking light in my collection.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
It's my Nitecore D11.2 This is a great EDC. It has a nice even floody light, great for general use. The variable brightness is very useful to get just the right amount of light. It has shortcuts to high and low, and for a small light it puts out a lot of light. Lastly, it takes a standard AA which can be found anywhere. All around perfect and fun light for my needs.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
It's my Nitecore D11.2 This is a great EDC. It has a nice even floody light, great for general use. The variable brightness is very useful to get just the right amount of light. It has shortcuts to high and low, and for a small light it puts out a lot of light. Lastly, it takes a standard AA which can be found anywhere. All around perfect and fun light for my needs.

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
A Lighthound XML. AKA, Balder SE-1. Runs on a single AA or 14500. And I like the way it has a soft start; takes .25-.50 seconds to "Ramp" up to full brightness. None of my other 31 lights do that, kinda neat...

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a toss up between my Maxabeam and Sunwayman V10R TI
And the Aeon
I dunto know
All are cool lights, and i cant pick a favorite

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always interesting to note how many different lights are valued by people in threads like these - the only one I can see so far mentioned more than once is the Sunwayman V10R Ti. Early days for this thread though.

Had a bit of a receipt dive to accurately answer this one. Seems I have bought over thirty-one lights last year - many were ho hum lights consigned to the drawer marked sell or giveaway - many others were purpose bought for others.

My top few in the bunch:

Fenix TK45
Fenix TK21
Firstlight Tomohawk
Nightcore IFE2
DEFT EDC
Sunwayman V10RTi
Zebralight H31
Surefire E2D Defender LED
Klarus XT20

As always the favourite one is the one you've just bought! In this case the Klarus XT20 (Which is the best walk in the woods light I have ever owned-BTW) - or the one you spent the most on (The DEFT EDC).

But the one I think I'll go to again and again, the one that will always be a favourite for many many years to come, partly because of its utility, or indeed its versatility, its build quality, its design, its ergonomics and its 'professional' status:

The Firstlight Tomahawk MC - it's the sort of thing that got me into this hobby in the first place.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman anniversary V10R w/AA extender. When I get a new light I set the V10R aside only to start carrying it again in about a week.

Quiksilver

Enlightened
HDS Systems EDC Rotary

--

Big year though, my first step into good lights. Before 2011, I'd only had a Fenix LD20 / Fenix LD05 / ZebraLight H501.

Now I have a bunch of SureFires, a 4Sevens, an HDS, and a Malkoff and a bunch of P60 drop-ins. Made the transition from Chinese lights to American lights ... Best decision IMO.

No more failures, no more lemons.

So yeah, HDS Rotary by a nose.

Latest posts