SR51: cool mod

HandHeld

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I've been reading you for a while after reactivating my long forgotten hobby. Technology wise I overslept last 10 years of flashlight development so you could imagine my surprise when I discovered this forum and flipped 18650 into my brand new TK11 for the first time.:eek:
Couple of days ago I did a "mod" to my SR51. I flipped out a diffusor glass from its rubber frame and flipped in a lens from an old magnifying glass (acrylic biconvex lens with different focal lenghts). After some tinkering it fit just inside stock holders (no glue). I put more curved side of the lens on the outside and turned it on. After some focusing the die focused with lens just infront of SR51's lens. This is what I got:

And some numbers measured at 10m and calculated to cd:

low high
SR51 stock 11300 41700
SR51 lens 21600 84500 :eek:
Fenix TK11r2 2450 8370

These numbers seemed crazy to me so I checked them twice. What do you guys think? Are numbers with lens in order?
Anyway I would call SR51 with this kind of add-on my perfect light as I just love its form and size.
If you have a spare lens and five minutes time I would say its a great little mod with crazy results. I would imagine that with a real aspherical lens results would be even better.

Cheers.

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Thats pretty cool. I have a SR51 and bought a Deree aspherical thrower for more punch. I'll have to keep an eye out for a lens like that just to try it.