• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Tiny, Powerful Keychain Light (Drake, Ion, Titan, Etc)

metromiami

Newly Enlightened
hey guys,
first post here, so please forgive any improper format or whatever.

i need a very bright, durable, very small light i can carry on my keyring for work.
i'm thinking something about the size of a cr123 battery, maybe 200 lumens, something like that.

i've gone through many regular lights like you find in camping stores etc,
and most have not lasted very long, and none of them are very bright.

please pm me any offers or links.
would send $ through paypal.
looking to spend around $200 or so, roughly.

thanks, everybody.

exquzmwa

Enlightened
A nice keychain light is the lummi wee (though the brightest I think you can get it is 175 or so lumens - I ma be way over estimating here though - sorry too lazy to look at his website while repsonding. You can buy them new from Rob - so I'm not posting to make a sale - I don't want to get rid of mine.

Take care...

BTW... If you're looking for keycahin light a CR123 is likely to be a long shot. The flashlight has to be bigger to handle that battery. Of course this is just my opinion.

Okay I see Rob twice reading this message but I don't see it when editing....

Last edited:

metromiami

Newly Enlightened
Saw some of the Lummis, that's an option.

How would I buy the Wee or contact Rob?

Thanks,
Thomas

metromiami

Newly Enlightened
n/m, i googled and found his site.

anyone has a drake or similar for sale, for comparison, let me know.

thanks again

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite is the Muyshondt Aeon which is not currently available. I have a Wee too and had the 38 DD. I am getting ready to offer some up for sale in titanium or natural HA aluminum. Send me an email at [email protected] if interested. Welcome to the forum and hang on to your wallet! do you prefer warm (yellowish neutral ) or cool (bluish and usually brighter) tinted lights? The Surefire titan T1a or a Quark mini are also nice. I have a titanium limited edition Quark I am ready to post too as soon as I get some time. I have 25 appraisal orders on my desk so I am swamped this week.....Karl

BarryG

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. Check out the Quark's at 4sevens or the Muyshondt over at uniquetitanium. A word of advice, watch your wallet!!!! How much is your budget and are you wanting custom or production lights? You should check out Download's Pocket Rocket too if it isn't to large for your needs. I think the AL version is about $130.

Barry

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
Oveready have some really nice Peak Eigers- I have a couple of their lights and love them.

fabienne

Enlightened
I have some Lummi Wee NS with XM-L and QTC for variable output. Please PM if you're interested.

Last edited:

Chrisdm

Enlightened
I second the Eiger. Get the "short keychain" aka lug body, and a 10440 battery. Its tough as nails, tiny and bright as h#ll.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're currently unavailable, but Steve Ku's 40DD is pretty amazing as a keychain pocket rocket. Opened up fully, I'd guess the lumens to be around ~150 OTF?

Runtime at that level is something like 6 minutes, but pick large runtime or small size, not both.

tshirley

Newly Enlightened
Have to go with Mushondt Aeon perfect size and takes cr2 battery. I think it has a max of 110 lumens plenty bright. Good luck with your search.

exquzmwa

Enlightened
Sounds like the Muyshondt Aeon is an awesome light. Haven't had the opportunity to check one out yet, though I'm already going to start keeping a look out for one (and the trouble I will get in for buying yet another flashlight)...

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like the Muyshondt Aeon is an awesome light. Haven't had the opportunity to check one out yet, though I'm already going to start keeping a look out for one (and the trouble I will get in for buying yet another flashlight)...

It is. I have carried one nearly every weekday (weekends allow for bigger EDC lights for me) since they came out. Really great little light. Solid, super efficient, great beam. If you see one, do not hesistate. Buy it.

Edited to add this: I didn't know they were no longer available, and I see them still listed on his website: http://muyshondt.net/aeon.shtml
I could be wrong, though.

BarryG

Enlightened
Just checked over at uniquetitanium and they have the Aeon in cool and warm tints! They also have the Quark Mini 123 Ti for about half of the price, but go ahead and get the Aeon....... You know you want it.......

Barry

exquzmwa

Enlightened
Quark Mini is also a great choice. I have a couple of the Ti 123 versions. However, the Cr2 version is my favorite of them (haven't got that yet in Ti - which is where my wallet and collection is going other than damascus) :naughty: To me though the Mini 123s are bigger than I would prefer on a keychain. The CR2 version is a reasonable compromise (to me anyway)

Last edited:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check them out
Seriously

They are an amazingly built little light
I have a neutral tinted Ti one, its lived around my neck ever since it arrived nearly a year ago
Feels solid, and the two levels are pretty well spaced (i rarely use high, and low isnt too bright or too dim) high is bright enough, but not so bright that it chews the battery up super quick

I recently changed its original battery out (only because i needed a CR2 for my laser pointer)

If i had to pick one light to carry for the rest of my life, i seriously think this would be it

BarryG

Enlightened
metromiami, there is a sales thread open now for a new run of Drakes..........

Barry

BarryG

Enlightened
Sorry...... I put Drakes by mistake, meant Mako's.
If I didn't have a Sapphire on my keyring, a Mako would be on its way!!!

Sorry about the mix-up,
Barry

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Quark Mini is also a great choice. I have a couple of the Ti 123 versions. However, the Cr2 version is my favorite of them (haven't got that yet in Ti - which is where my wallet and collection is going other than damascu To me though the Mini 123s are bigger than I would prefer on a keychain. The CR2 version is a reasonable compromise (to me anyway)
I agree, the CR2 MiNi is a great light, and around $39.00.

You can't go wrong With one.

Good luck,

NR