Hey guys who bought a fenix e11...

hellraiser

Newly Enlightened
Been looking to replace my 2 AA mini maglite. (battery leak) The fenix e11 looks pretty nice. Reading some reviews here got me thinking twice.

For thoes guys who have owned and used one for a while has it grown on you? The led being offset really effect real world use?

I'm wondering if the led placement has or will improve. I'm thinking my best bet would be to go to a local store and see if I can see the head thru the plastic and buy the best one.

kj2

Flashaholic
I have one since it is in stores here :) Very very happy with it. Has a nice balance between flood and throw for a EDC.
I take mine, every-time I walk through the forest, as back-up light.

davecroft

Enlightened
The first E11 I got was in a bad way, but Fenix replaced the head and I am very impressed now. It's a good size and weight for hand carry, the beam is a nice colour and it throws very well, better than most of my other small AA lights. Also on 'low' mode(32 lumens) it still seems pretty bright and runs for almost 9 hours!

The placement of the LED in the optic seems less critical to the E11's performance than with other lights using reflectors. Don't expect to see the perfect circle and hotspot that you might be used to seeing with other lights against a white wall. But in practical use, the E11 works very well.

I think the problems reported on the forums relate to poor quality control by Fenix, certainly my first one should never have left the factory (I posted some pics on another thread), but for the money I think the E11 is hard to beat. I'd go for it.

Last edited:

hellraiser

Newly Enlightened
Hey thanks guys! I went for it. I read here that they could be found at REI. showed up and they were sold out! Next closest store had 1 and was an hour and 15 away. So I came home read your comments and just ordered one on the net.

Oh well for instant gratification!

I have one since it is in stores here :) Very very happy with it. Has a nice balance between flood and throw for a EDC.
I take mine, every-time I walk through the forest, as back-up light.

I love how small it is. I'm thinking it would be perfect for a range bag. Low setting is perfect for inspecting things close up and high for when I drop things. Lol!

Last edited:

hellraiser

Newly Enlightened
The first E11 I got was in a bad way, but Fenix replaced the head and I am very impressed now.

I read that thread and saw the picks! To be honest it was that lack of quality control that scared me. The fact you got fenix to replace the head is what made me finally pull the trigger.

I will be sure to update this thread when I get it!

hellraiser

Newly Enlightened
Well, I got my e11 in last night and I was pleasantly surprised! Quality seems to be great. I don't know if I'm one of the lucky ones but my emitter was centered. Well at least to the naked eye. The beam is still not the sharpest but for my uses it will be more then adequate. Its light weight and does not take up much room in the range bag. I've had an ld01 on a keychain for a few years now. If the e11 can put up with half the abuse I've put ld01 thru I will be a happy customer!

I will be sure to update this if I have any problems or anything worth mentioning.

Thanks again as always guys!

davecroft

Enlightened
Glad you got a good one! Hopefully Fenix have tightened up on quality control a bit - seems like there are fewer issues with the E11 lately.

I think it is a great light and use mine every day.