EDC Hero: Chris Willden

Vesper

Enlightened
We all heard the story of the group of people who rallied to rescue the 3 kids from the van in the Utah river:

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...role-rescue-of-children-after-icy-river-crash

If there was a good reminder to keep up your EDC habits, this is it. This line especially from the article above:

"Chris' father, Bruce Willden, said his son is always prepared and never leaves home without a firearm, knife, and flashlight."

Just pull out this story the next time someone pokes fun at the knife and light in your pocket. :)

87james

Newly Enlightened
never go far away without a firearm, knife and flashlight. there is always some who would laugh at the EDC equipment like knife and flashlight, what they think is all around the money, which could works everything out. But basically, money talks when needed. suppose that you are in the desert or jungle, without water or food but packed up with lots of money, will money still talk? So, never go too far away with money ONLY.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad people helped. In teaching for the American Red Cross, one of the major things we emphasize is that people have to CHOOSE to be involved in an emergency. These courses call each incident where things have gone wrong an emergency, emphasize Emergency Action Plans, what to do in emergencies. If you watch the training videos, look closely - there is always someone who sees what is wrong and walks away. The first person to jump in and act tends to unfreeze other people, but that first person has to go for it. The windows would have slowed me down more, since I don't carry a handgun.