Corrupted kdcom dll file

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. Recently my computer has startup troubles. The repair says kdcom dll is corrupt. I've also noticed my Malwarebytes paid version is acting up too, it wont open up and about once every 30 secongs the little warning banner flashes on and it says svchost.exe (process) is being blocked. These things occured at random, I don't know what caused them. Since my computer didn't come with a Win 7 disc I cant wipe the HD and start again. I don't really know what to do next, suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Also.......my research just takes you to any number of sites that want money to fix these problems. I'm not against that but which site or fix is to be trusted? I have no idea which one to use if necessary. I really don't want to download a virus or malware, especially since my Malwarebytes doesn't appear to be working............

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably have a virus

I'd say try to reinstall malwarebytes or install malwarebytes free, then run a scan after rebooting into safe mode.

BTW, some computers have a hidden partition with recovery files so that you can set your computer back to how it was from the factory. There are some viruses that can get to these partitions and mess them up, but you might still try that as a last resort. Usually you have to hit a special key combination to enter the recovery mode. Google your computer model along with terms like "access recovery partition" or "factory restore".

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks rulz. Any other suggestions before I plow ahead with this? I hope I don't blow it up..........

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the software is licensed to you, you are given a serial number. Can you retrieve that? The privelege to install Windows is tied to that serial, and not the disc, so you can borrow someone else's as long as you have the serial bound to your install.