Best new light for around $100 - $150

clspruiell

Newly Enlightened
I know this is a wide open question.

I have a Streamlight PT2L and LOVE it for its size, usefulness and brightness.

However, I want something bigger and more powerful, yet not huge. Make sense?

I had the Fenix TK45 but felt it was too floody. Anything around that price range with awesome throw and just an overall awesome light? A must have?

I've been eyeing the Eagle Tac M3C4 and the Fenix TK35.

Opinions?

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Take your pick between these. It all depends on what you want to spend. If you want a killer light for all around use, the Olight SR51 is hard to beat. If you want the best all around quality in my honest opinion, the ThruNite Catapult V3 is the way to go. If you want the best throw, I'd have to recommend the Olight M3X.

DSCF1579Small.jpg

clspruiell

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. I really like that Olight M3X! I just watched a youtube comparison by goinggear where they tested this light, the thrunight you mentioned and the Fenix TK35. I like the throw and beamshot of the Olight the best I believe. Seems like its a nice fit for the hand as well.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I really like that Olight M3X! I just watched a youtube comparison by goinggear where they tested this light, the thrunight you mentioned and the Fenix TK35. I like the throw and beamshot of the Olight the best I believe. Seems like its a nice fit for the hand as well.

The two 18650's in line make these lights quite long. IF only there was a light out there with the head of an M3X and the body of a TK35, that would be pure bliss! :) The odd-shaped TK35 is actually quite nice to hold in the hand. I've been happy with it since I got it almost a year ago.

Been on the search for something to top it (without breaking the budget/bank) and i think the M3X is the winner! For throw that is, but as a general light, i'd probably grab some of my other lights. But that's just me, a flashaholic(or throwaholic)! :)

RCLumens

Enlightened
If that is too long, go with the sr51. great light and throw and run time. Excellent value also comes with a diffusor, holster, and nice carrying case. For throw it is awesome! The 18650 batteries are side by side like the tk 35 but will out throw it. That being said, I have owned and sr51 but never a tk 35 which I hear is also an awesome light. I also used to own a m31 with the sst 50 of which was also an amazing thrower. If throw is what you want, the m3x is what I've consistently heard is the best.

clspruiell

Newly Enlightened
Great information. I just got the EagleTac T20C2 MarKII Cree XM-L T6 LED Flashlight - 720 Lumen and its a nice light but throw seems a bit muffled at 100 yards or so. Id like something with a bit more defined beam. I think I'll send it back to amazon and go with the Olight.

As far as a handheld, I have not found anything better than my Streamlight PT2L. I also had the Fenix LD20 and I like the streamlight ALOT better. The Fenix LD20 sucked the life out of my AA batteries to the point of being very annoying.

davyro

Enlightened
Take a look at the Thrunite TN11 it throws fantastically well for it's size.You can run it on 2 x cr123a's . So it's pretty small compared to the lights previously mentioned
but it's not that far behind them in the throwing arena.It's also quite a bit cheaper than the bigger light's.I can honestly say it's a great little thrower that puts out
at least 750 lumen.It's worth a look.

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
The two 18650's in line make these lights quite long. IF only there was a light out there with the head of an M3X and the body of a TK35, that would be pure bliss! :) The odd-shaped TK35 is actually quite nice to hold in the hand. I've been happy with it since I got it almost a year ago.

Been on the search for something to top it (without breaking the budget/bank) and i think the M3X is the winner! For throw that is, but as a general light, i'd probably grab some of my other lights. But that's just me, a flashaholic(or throwaholic)! :)
What about one of the lights that use 2 18650's in a side-by-side configuration?
EagleTac M34C for example.

Last edited: