Are There any XM-L 1.4amp or Higher Flashlights with Flat Regulation in High...?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am toying with getting an XM-L light because of its floody nature. I know one of the most popular drivers is the x*7135 linear regulator. However, I've read reports that as the voltage falls, the lumens fall, too! Are there any slim/small flashlights (not interested in P60) that use 1x18650 which offer flat regulation at 1.4, 2.0, or 2.8 amps?

I was (am) tempted by the 2.8 amp P-Rocket, but the regulation is abysmal:

Link

1) Does the P-Rocket 530+ lumen model with 4*7135 (1.4 amps) have flat regulation on high?

2) I believe The Shadow Mini T6 also uses 4*7135, and is comparably priced. Is there any reason to think it would have flat regulation on high?

3) Are there any other complete lights in the under $50.00 range that are not huge, take 1x18650, and have flat output at 1.4, 2.0, or 2.8 amps?

Or, would that require a true buck driver/a much more expensive driver/much higher voltage + buck driver to achieve?

Thank you all!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without respect to price, here are the lights that have flat output on 1x18650 with one XM-L at 1.4 amps or more:

Spark SL6, Light Reviews
Spark SL6, HKJ

Xeno G10v2, turboBB

Zebra SC600 (cool) and SC600w (neutral/warmish) Selfbuilt

(great reviews, guys!)

If you have something to add, please post and I'll add it!

Criteria:

-1x18650
-stand alone light (not a P60/D26 dropin)
-1.4 amps or more
-flat output at 1.4 amps or more

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a bad experience with a Zebra before, but:

1) One sample should not be used to judge a whole company, and,

2) With its clear optimization for 1x18650, it belongs on the list

I will add it now. :)

EDIT: Would like to know if I can add the Shiningbeam Blaze to the list. Can anyone speak as to whether the light maintains a flat output for the duration of its discharge in the highest mode, at 2.1 amps?

Last edited: