What's your favourite budget flashlight & why is it so good?

davyro

Enlightened
I've got a pretty varied collection of flashlights from cheap budget lights to some pretty expensive one's,the thing is I've got a couple of very reasonably priced
lights & one of them my Jetbeam BC10 was just about my cheapest,but i think it's great.Its got a simple UI & is really useful for quite a few of the small tasks
i use it for.So i was wondering if i was alone in having these thoughts on a cheap flashlight.Or is there quite a few that think the same of one of there budget
lights.

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
Lumintop p1c.. beautiful tint, great beam, simple UI and tiny! Build quality is excellent and puts out almost as much light as my m61!

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
Probably the Fenix E05, which cost me less than $20. It has a nice beam, easy one-mode operation, the 30 lumens is a very practical brightness level that probably covers about 99% of my usage, it's tiny as hell, has great runtime, and uses easily replaced AAA batteries.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xeon E03 WOW! new meaning to AA sized battery power on 14500 nice floody warm beam

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
I've been edc'ing a Ultrafire A1 for a couple of years and it is compact, bright on high, great run time on low. No complaints other than lack of memory. Frank

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sipik SK58 (1xAA size zoomable aspheric).

Nice cylindrical shape with good square-cut knurling. Quite small in the pocket so nicely sized for EDC. The Osram Golden dragon emitter and 1-mode driver are crap... but easily replaced with the emitter and driver of your choice. I run mine on AW IMR 14500 cells with a 2.8 amp shiningbeam driver and XM-L T6 emitter. A great project light.

makapuu

Enlightened
UltraFire UF-980L
Overdriven XML, pretty deep reflector, 1 18650, low-med-high with memory.
The lower modes makes the light more useful and practical, extends run time, and keeps the heat at bay.
But when the need arises to shed "some light" on something...........
Smokin hotspot surrounded by a bright corona.

fishx65

Enlightened
Any of my Solarforce hosts with a Manafont/Ultrafire 3 mode dropin. Seems to be the perfect light on my many hunting and fishing adventures. If I lose one it's not a big deal cuz they are super cheap and I have many more.

richpalm

Banned
L2P, Ultrafire 980 as complete lights, and the Saik 305 as a mod host. Guts are junk, host is great!

DSC00210.jpg

Rich

GrnXnham

Enlightened
Haha! It's funny what people here consider to be a "budget flashlight." When I think of a budget flashlight, I think of a plastic $3 light at Walmart not a $40 or $60 light like the Ultrafire or Jetbeam mentioned in this thread.

My cheapest flashlight IS a 3 dollar light from Walmart and my most expensive is the Fenix TK-40 (About $140 at the time) Of course most people think I'm nuts for spending any more than about $20 on a flashlight. That's why I'd draw the line at "BUDGET" at under $20. A flashlight under $20 is usually what you find at Target or Walmart.

I know, it's all relative.

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Before I found CPF I bought 4 of Ultrafire C28, nice UI, pretty bright and compact. They mostly are stashed around the house and 1 in my truck as I now have a whack of good lights thanks to you guys.

american

Enlightened
Agreed a budget light for me is much less then a n
Jetbeam. I won't even buy a jetbeam as a good light I do have a eagle tac p100a2 great light but i try to keep lights under 30 bucks

UpstandingCitizen

Enlightened
Haha! It's funny what people here consider to be a "budget flashlight." When I think of a budget flashlight, I think of a plastic $3 light at Walmart not a $40 or $60 light like the Ultrafire or Jetbeam mentioned in this thread.

My cheapest flashlight IS a 3 dollar light from Walmart and my most expensive is the Fenix TK-40 (About $140 at the time) Of course most people think I'm nuts for spending any more than about $20 on a flashlight. That's why I'd draw the line at "BUDGET" at under $20. A flashlight under $20 is usually what you find at Target or Walmart.

I know, it's all relative.

I was thinking the same thing, hence my nomination of the Fenix E05.

Ironically enough the second best "budget" light I bought was the EagleTac D25A Mini, and that one recently found a new home (a good one, I might add) because it was too similar to other stuff I have. Still, it's a fantastic light and a steal at $35 IMHO.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
It just have to be my Solarforce L2. With all the spare parts and upgrade modules available it surely is very versatile. And to think for life you can just fit it with the latest in led technology to keep it updated with even the latest flashlights.