Arc `AA` UGLY GREEN BODY COLOR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ftumch33

Enlightened
hey peter, what`s up with the ugly green color of the arc `aa` body? I thought these were going to be hard anodized /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif Also, what`s up with the knurling? It`s almost barely a scratch on the arc AA !How can I get the `regular` anodized ones? ( I ordered 2 and they both came the same way) . Your web site lists them as HA3 , and the ones I received say NAT. I`m totally unhappy with this! I would like to return both of them and get the HA3`s with the new tailcap if possible. Please get back to me a.s.a.p! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAT is short for natural, which means the HA isn't dyed. in my experience, the tint of HA can vary from dark brown to light green to grey, so i think yours is regular HA. the knurling of the arc AA is the same as that on the arc LS though...i think all of them come this way.

***edit*** oops...i just realized the arc AA comes in dark green HA too. sorry about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

ufokillerz

Enlightened
You should have specified in the email, but peter should take care of you. The green HA is actually more rare then the standard one.

ftumch33

Enlightened
there was no indication of choice of HA or NAT on the web site when I pre-ordered the light.I pre-ordered on the web site . I`m sure I`ll be able to exchange the 2 I ordered for the HA finish. I just have to get the information on returning them from Peter.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc said that there were two finishes in Firsts -- (1) Dark Natural HA with new-style tail, and (2) Dark Green HA with AAA style lug. We were told that we could state our preference in the order, but that there were very few of the Dark Green.

I tried to get the Dark Green, but they sent me Dark Natural. I've put most of them up for sale.

If anyone has the Dark Green with old tail style and doesn't want them, I sure would like to know. I think they're real beauties.

Paul

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
If your lights are the dark olive color with the AAA style
tails they are very special AA's. I would hang on to one of
them as they are from the initial test batch (RARE)! (IIRC)

There is quite a bit of variation in the color of HAIII from
one batch to the next.

If you are unhappy with your Arc AA's please return them to
Arc. They stand behind their products and have a
well-deserved reputation for excellent customer service!

I would be happy to buy one of the "ugly" Dark Green ones
from you. It appears that PaulR is also willing to buy one.

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Mattman

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ftumch33 said:
there was no indication of choice of HA or NAT on the web site when I pre-ordered the light.I pre-ordered on the web site . I`m sure I`ll be able to exchange the 2 I ordered for the HA finish. I just have to get the information on returning them from Peter.

[/ QUOTE ]You say this like they're not both HA. The only difference is the in the color of the HA. Some are green, some are natural and some are varying shades of those combinations. I hate to see wrong information being passed around as fact, so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every AA we have made is HA as is all of our other flashlights from this year. We don't make anything in any other finish than HA.

HA = Hard Anodize (Type III).

Peter

red_robby

Enlightened
i actually ordered a green one but was sent natural gray, SO...
i'll trade you a natural gray finish for that green one
pm if your interested.

JohnG

Enlightened
I received my two Arc AA flashlights today and one of them was that "ugly green body color" and AAA style lug.
Peter, "What's up with that?" I thought they were long gone!

THANKS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
Image1.jpg

I LOVE IT!
I love them both!

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some folks just luck out. Congrats John. Treat that "little ugly" with love and care. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

ftumch33

Enlightened
PM incomimg red robby.

Notice, on the left we have a `GREEN` anodized Arc `AA` ... On the right a `GREY` anodized Arc `AAA`. [image]http://hometown.aol.com/ftumch29/myhomepage/profile.html [/image]

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww Man! I asked for a green one and didn't get it!
This is very annoying!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Pat

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marty,

You aren't the first to make that offer. Everybody is loving green these days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.