Impulse purchase...Armytek Predator

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
I used up some of last month's bonus check to snag an AT Predator.Not alot of nightime videos online, but a couple thorough reviews.Ordered the 492 lumen version with matte silver trim.Anyone here have one? Will I be happy with it? Not so much? Lemme know!

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Read nothing but good things as long as you dont have a problem with programming. What colors did you get? I personally find the gold a little gaudy and would prefer the all black/silver if I get one but I have been interested in them for a while. Seem rock solid and I honestly dont think Ive read a bad thing about them.

firelord777

Enlightened
I have one and it is just phenomenal, I'd be surprised if you are not satisfied with it. It is very unique, aesthetics, finish, performance and UI make it very worth it. I hope you have seen the review of SMO vs OP reflectors to better choose the most suitable one for your purposes.

Best wishes,:)

aimxplode

Enlightened
The Predator is an EXCELLENT light. It feels extremely durable, and the only programming I had to do was change the battery settings to 2x CR123a (default setting uses 18650 batteries). The default light modes were perfect for me.

Check out this guide made by a member on Armytek's CPFMarketplace subforum. This guide simplifies the manufacture's manual 10x. Took me about 30-45 min to almost master the programming, using this guide.

ArmyTek Predator

Quick Reference
(by Petrev)

v1.2
Page1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Page2
- - - - -

v1.0
Page1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Page2
- - - - -

Images are 300DPI

Test
Printed at 100% from Paint Shop Pro
Printed at 32% from IE8 (Header/Footer OFF - ? Adjust Margins)

e&oe

Source: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...ng-Guide-Quick-Reference-for-ArmyTek-Predator

Last edited:

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Read nothing but good things as long as you dont have a problem with programming. What colors did you get? I personally find the gold a little gaudy and would prefer the all black/silver if I get one but I have been interested in them for a while. Seem rock solid and I honestly dont think Ive read a bad thing about them.

black and matte silver...the gold was just too busy

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
The Predator is an EXCELLENT light. It feels extremely durable, and the only programming I had to do was change the battery settings to 2x CR123a (default setting uses 18650 batteries). The default light modes were perfect for me.

Check out this guide made by a member on Armytek's CPFMarketplace subforum. This guide simplifies the manufacture's manual 10x. Took me about 30-45 min to almost master the programming, using this guide.

[/QUOTE]

great info thanks! battery setup? I will be using BOTH setups above...I need to adjust the flashlight each time?

swan

Banned
370 OTF lumens pencil beam,complicated ui -seems a bit dated already-best wait for the new model.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
The post above helps take alot of the confusion of the UI. The pencil beam is exactly what I want.

As for a new model, I was not made aware of any new model...I ordered the ArmyTek Predator G109.01 version from their website. Is this not the newest version?

firelord777

Enlightened
Yes thats the latest predator version, but not the newest model. Though if your looking for throw, the predator is their best thrower right now.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
Yes thats the latest predator version, but not the newest model. Though if your looking for throw, the predator is their best thrower right now.

Thanks for the info. I am looking to add a couple throwers to my collection. A Catapult is also on my wishlist.:thumbsup:

firelord777

Enlightened
Catapults are nice, but a bit expensive for me. Armytek is going to release an XML thrower called the Barracuda, though I'm not sure when. Could be in five minutes, or five milleniums.:)

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
Catapults are nice, but a bit expensive for me. Armytek is going to release an XML thrower called the Barracuda, though I'm not sure when. Could be in five minutes, or five milleniums.:)

Since I am really trying to be "good", this helps me wait - their lights look to be excellent and have been keeping my interest for a while now so it's really just a matter of time.

firelord777

Enlightened
Since I am really trying to be "good", this helps me wait - their lights look to be excellent and have been keeping my interest for a while now so it's really just a matter of time.

Haha, yeah, you're right, I just hope they release it soon and not later:)

Cheers:)

sbbsga

Enlightened

Haha, yeah, you're right, I just hope they release it soon and not later:)

Cheers:)

The time is now! I just received an eBay update about Barracuda, not a bad looking light, very clean and simple design. USD130. :twothumbs