Eagletac Warranty Change

LilKevin715

Enlightened
It seems Eagletac like many other manufacturers has changed the warranty period of their lights. Their warranty used to be a lifetime warranty for the original owner. If you browse their redesigned site and look at the tech specs section of any given flashlight it now states a warranty period of 10 years:(. I doubt I'll ever have to use their warranty service (solid build/quality) but it is a dissapointment that they reduced the warranty period.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's only fair since they are not charging Surefire premium. 10 years is still a darn long time. In 10 years surely we would have given up playing with whatever lights we currently love when new technology advances.

sassaquin

Enlightened
I recently purchased an EagleTac D25C titanium from EAGLETAC-USA.COM, which is the official North American distributor of EagleTac lights, and the product literature, as well as their website, states it has a limited lifetime warranty.
The manufacturer's main website, EAGLETAC.COM, states all lights come with a 120 month limited warranty. :confused:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a special edition type deal, so may have a different warranty. I got one as well. 10 years is plenty I think.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased an EagleTac D25C titanium from EAGLETAC-USA.COM, which is the official North American distributor of EagleTac lights, and the product literature, as well as their website, states it has a limited lifetime warranty.
The manufacturer's main website, EAGLETAC.COM, states all lights come with a 120 month limited warranty. :confused:

It probably depends on what the definition of ' Lifetime ' is. :sssh:

dougie

Enlightened
In context for the prices paid, 10 years is an acceptable period to warranty their lights. In reality I'd be surprised if they would keep enough spares to effect a repair on something over a few years of age. Given with how often they bring out new lights and discontinue others it makes no sense to keep a stock pile of parts that may never need. In probability if you ever sent in a light over 'x' number of years old I suspect that they'd send out a new one!