want a list of the best 4 AA flahlights out there.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is for both LED and Non-LED lights so I didn't know where to put this.

I know there are lots of lights that fit into lots of catagories, this is more to find out what is available rather than if it is wide or narrow beam.

Quality of construction is a factor though. The lights that I use generally come from two maufacturers or the mod men. The lights that I like to use from manufacturers are ARC and Surefire. The mod men put out lights that match the quality I like as well. I would like to know what lights use 4 AA's that would not overly disapoint a Surefire and Arc customer. Modded lights are also included in this list.

Make list for me if you can. But only those that use 4 AA's. Oh, and this light would be used with both rechargables, alkalines, and lithium AA's.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must it use 4 AA's ?

I only ask this because the Super LGI (3AA's) sounds like it'll be a really nice light, the brinkman host's are metal and seem pretty well constructed.

Also it sounds like Mr Bulk is gearing up for a full run of these when he returns from his vacation.

The Underwater Kinetics 4AA may be worth considering, go here for a review (courtesy of flashlightreviews.com - <font color="green">quickbeam's site</font>)

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
too many 3 AA lights...

looking for something that would be on the same level as a Surefire or an ARC-LS in 6 volt configuration.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know how to put this. I have a Streamlight Ultra. To me it seems like a cheap light in construction and beam quality.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, here is the requirement list. 4 AA's rechargable, alkaline, and lithium usage, be made of metal, be as hardy and good as an ARC-LS or SureFire light, Have HA3 finish.
Does this animal exist???

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't think of any other manufacturer with the build quality of Arc and Surefire, you could try asking one of our great modders for a custom light.

Brock

Flashaholic
Oh ya! A 4 AA light running NiMH's and an KL4. That would be nice. I did hook up the KL4 to a 4 NiMH's it works fine. Someone need to make a 4 AA body (preferably 2 side by side like the SL4) with threads to take a SF head. Oh I want one...

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well.. maybe you could get someone to extend the Streamlight 3AA tasklight to a 4AA.. altho i dunno if that'd be on par with an L4..

personally my favorite 4AA light is the PT40.. and then the Propolymer..

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like the plastic bodied lights (UK 4AA AS2, PT Surge, etc.).

But...I've had TWO Surges fail on me (one DOA and another right when I needed it)...so I'm thinking that these high power type lights really ought to be metal for better heat disapation. Although...really love that AS2!