• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

vinhnguyen54 SST-90 P60 Drop in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hello all!

I just finished making a P60 SST-90 6500K and it's very bright! The LED was thoroughly burnt in which took a long time. With an IMR 26650 the LED puled 6A of current in direct drive. Of course this drop in is very hot. So this drop in will have to be used in a large 26650 host only. 18650 host are generally too small and doesn't push a SST-90 hard enough anyway. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in one of these drop in. The pill will be melted solder filled for best immediate heat transfer. All LEDs will be thoroughly burn in to acquire maximum current drain on 1 IMR 26650. The price will be $65.

Post here if you are interested. If I get more than 3 people interested I will start to order the parts. Thanks!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Please could you compare it to your DD XM-L drop-ins and let me know if there is a dramatic difference in output?

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyway you could do a white wall beamsnot? I may be interested in one of these. What kind of output and current draw could be expected with a 18650? I know you dont prefer the 18650 for this drop in.

Last edited:

elnino

Enlightened
DD XML U2 = 1000 lumens; SST-50 = 1200 lumens. How many lumens OTF for SST-90 using IMR26650? How long (approximately) could I run it continuously in say a FM Cooley where the drop-in is tightly wrapped in foil as per your video instructions?

brandocommando

Enlightened
I am guessing about 1500 lumens???

I may be interested in one of these for my COOLY as well, waiting for the beamshots!

So these will just be single mode then?

texas cop

Enlightened
I'm very interested. In fact interested enough to buy. Also would like to see an option of 5700k.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This burn in SST-90 is bright alright but I really need my COOLY to properly test it out. Its with Bugsy714 getting cerakote. I will just try it in a Solarforce to see how the heat holds up tonight.

brandocommando

Enlightened
Want to borrow a COOLY? I have 2!

One has a 4.2A XM-L in it and the other one is just sitting here empty...:mecry:

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Want to borrow a COOLY? I have 2!

One has a 4.2A XM-L in it and the other one is just sitting here empty...:mecry:

I think my cooly should be here soon. I am just really worried about the heat. U got a 5700K and 6500K and I like the 6500K much more. It's a pleasant white to my eyes. the 5700K is a bit yellow which makes it appear less bright. Did you wrap the 4.2 in your cooly? How is the heat?

brandocommando

Enlightened
Yes, it is completely wrapped up with tin foil. I ran out of copper tape and I just started using tin foil because it's free and A LOT easier to remove if you are swapping hosts frequently.

It handles the heat great! It gets pretty warm but I wouldn't say it gets hot.

I also have another 4.2A XM-L in a 6P with a CRYOS... Now that setup gets HOT.

PM me if you change your mind. I can ship it out Monday, free of charge, you just pay return shipping.

Who knows, depending how things go, I may have you just ship it back to me along with the 90' still in it! (Which I would pay for of course...)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
In that case please ship me your COOLY for immediate testing. I am so eager to test. The SST-90 was meant for a 26650 host anyway. Testing it in a Solarforce host wont tell me anything. I will be extra careful with it. If you do decide to buy a SST-90 from me I will cut 20% off for you. :)

Vinh Nguyen
9706 8th PL SW Unit 204
Seattle WA 98106

Yes, it is completely wrapped up with tin foil. I ran out of copper tape and I just started using tin foil because it's free and A LOT easier to remove if you are swapping hosts frequently.

It handles the heat great! It gets pretty warm but I wouldn't say it gets hot.

I also have another 4.2A XM-L in a 6P with a CRYOS... Now that setup gets HOT.

PM me if you change your mind. I can ship it out Monday, free of charge, you just pay return shipping.

Who knows, depending how things go, I may have you just ship it back to me along with the 90' still in it! (Which I would pay for of course...)

brandocommando

Enlightened
OK, I am just in Oregon so you should get it pretty fast. I will box it up now....

I hope the McClicky doesn't melt! I could send a FETtie along with it for additional testing???

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
OK, I am just in Oregon so you should get it pretty fast. I will box it up now....

I hope the McClicky doesn't melt! I could send a FETtie along with it for additional testing???

Sure! I have never tested a FETie before. :)

brandocommando

Enlightened
:thumbsup:You got it!

I am looking forward to seeing my COOLY make a "cameo appearance" in your beamshots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts