• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD - "User" McGizmo McLux III PD XML U2 2S

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sold

If you are looking for a shelf queen McLux III PD, with a silky smooth beam – perfect tint – scratch free body…

THIS AIN'T IT!!!

:devil:

But if you are looking for a TRUE USER, a rock solid McGizmo McLux III PD modded to XML that you can USE without worrying about abusing it or scratching it – if you want a 240 lumen (on high) piston drive XML workhorse, that is not so great for white wall hunting, but awesome for outdoor use or close work – then this is the light for you

I bought this light, an older user McLux III PD with a 'dead' trit, old style bezel ring, wear clearly showing on the edges of the tail and bezel, and a few scratches on the light. An amazing testament to the robustness of a McGizmo – this light has seen some use.

I sent it to Derek for a cleanup and heart transplant – he installed an XML U2 2S emitter, removed the dead trit (NOTE - there is no trit), adjusted everything and cleaned it up. Critical to the mod, he bumped the current up to 1 amp! It came home to me and I was amazed at the output, but (no fault of Derek's – his mods are the best!) surprised at the slight greenish tint, and the odd transition from spill to spot.

Try as I might, I just can't get on the PD train. This light has an older spring and while it works perfectly, it is a bit stiff. Twist is smooth, as you would expect from aluminum. While this light is great for walking my dogs, and the beam is awesome outdoors, I suppose that I remain a Haiku kinda guy. So I'm not going to fight it any more. I've offered full disclosure about the cosmetic appearance of this light, and the photos below will give you even more detail about the light and the white wall characteristics of the beam.

In spite of anything, it is a desirable little light, and for one looking for a true user, this is a steal. Offering it for less than I have in it:

$275 including CONUS shipping insured, including Paypal fees. I prefer 'goods' payment – no personal payment. First "I'll take it" in this thread gets it. I need to be firm on that – PMs and emails are welcome, but to win the light you must post "I'll take it" in this thread. Email and Paypal address – run4jc58 [at] gmail dot com

International friends, I'm sorry, but US Based Buyers only for now.

Please forgive any lint in the photos - if it looks like lint, it is. If it looks like a scratch, it is!
P1030444.JPG

P1030449.JPG

P1030450.JPG

P1030452.JPG

P1030457.JPG

P1030458.JPG

This photo is a remarkably accurate representation of the beam on a white wall, except that my eyes do not agree with the intense hot spot - the transition appears a bit smoother to my eyes. Outdoors the beam is almost perfect!
P1030461.JPG

Last edited:

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS - "User" McGizmo McLux III PD XML U2 2S

Awesome little workhorse gem Dan !! Always good to have a go to light that you aren't concerned about babying. This should go quickly. Dan is one of CPF's finest and a true pleasure to deal with.