broke another flashlight through batterys again.

Geordie

Newly Enlightened
I tried some 3.7v EagleTac P20C2 old 300 Lm version, they were slightly bigger being these ones,
Ebay Item number: 12083342442
they did not work and seemed to have damaged my switch. It is intermitent. Should I be entiltled to get a refund and can I replace, repair my Eagletac. Thanks for any advice.

Sale Links removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

Imon

Enlightened
Some of the cheaper protected 16340s are going to be physically longer because of the protective circuit. It might be longer by about 2 or so millimeters so it's not a big deal for one cell lights because the battery spring should be able to compress an additional 2mm but I think when you start stacking them up, such as in a two cell light, that might create a little too much additional length.

Just my thought - I think you should consider whether you tried to cram the batteries in too tight and perhaps that's where the damage occurred. Anyways, you could always contact the vendor and explain your situation. Who know, they might be sympathetic.

One final thing, if you want a protected 16340 that's no bigger than a CR123A then AW cells are the ones to buy. They're a bit more expensive than some of the cheaper protected 16340s but I think it's worth the extra money.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The switch is easy to replace. Contact your dealer or ET directly. Faster through the dealers I think.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
Are you sure the switch is broken?
You say it's working intermitent?
On my P20C2 the retaining ring for the switch can work lose and give that problem. try to tighten it.
If I don't recall wrong it's a reverse thread so you turn anti-clockvise to tighten (but I'm not really sure!).