Sunwayman V10a XM-L and XP-G

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman's site doesn't show this light with the new XM-L led, but it's available on reseller sites. Whats confusing is, why is the xm-l listed as 110 lumens and the xp-g listed at 140? I thought the xm-l was 20% more efficient.

Do you have either of these lights? What are your general impressions on this light, and thoughts about brightness and beam type..

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are great lights, depending on what you are looking for. I own the V10A R5 that I have modded to High CRI and I also just yesterday modded a V10A XM-L to 5000k Neutral for someone.
The XM-L is more floody but with adequate throw, very nice all around beam. The XP-G is also a good all around beam but has a tighter hot spot.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
I've noticed how cool or white the V10A is, how did u mod that type of light to make it neutral? Did you replace the led? Also what does 5000k mean?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman's site doesn't show this light with the new XM-L led, but it's available on reseller sites. Whats confusing is, why is the xm-l listed as 110 lumens and the xp-g listed at 140? I thought the xm-l was 20% more efficient.

Do you have either of these lights? What are your general impressions on this light, and thoughts about brightness and beam type..

they seem lazy to update their website. xml is lower because it needs a stronger power source to fully maximize the potential of the xml to 460 lumens.

i own the V10A XML its a good general light, quite floody, perfect EDC. the low is extremely low, the max is very bright but only a short distance, its not designed to be a thrower. hotspot's wide, as in really wide.