Which C2 body for M60 dropin?

LGD

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is in the wrong area...it's the most appropriae one I could find.

Anyway, I'm going to be buying a Surefire C2-HA in the next week or so, and I'm intending to stick a P60-type drop-in into it. With this in mind, does it make a difference if I buy an Incan C2 host or an LED one, or is the bulb/LED the only difference between the two?

If it doesn't make a difference, I'll just get the Incan body and save a bit of cash. I seem to had seen a fairly even mix between Incan and LED hosts on the forums, but I haven't seen anything saying if there's any difference between them or advantage to using one over the other.

I've found the much-recommended Malkoff M60 for sale from a few US sites but the shipping to the UK bumps the price up considerably. Can anyone suggest a UK company that sells these please?

Also, one of the UK sites i've had a look at has the Wolf Eyes Q5 cree drop-in for sale for what seems to be a good price. What's the opinion on this drop-in? Is it comparable to the Malkoff? I tend to use my lights for distance rather than flood, so I think if I go the Malkoff route it'll be the M60. Of course, I'd rather that little a bit more for the Malkoff if it's superior.

And finally, could anyone confirm for me whether or not the C2 fits the V70 holder please? I have a feeling it does but I've read so many acronyms in the last few days, they've all rolled into one!

Thanks in advance guys and gals, and sorry for the 20 questions!

LGD

shane45_1911

Enlightened
The bezel, body, and tailcaps are all the same on the LED and incan C2's.

IMO, nothing is comparable to a Malkoff. Nailbender's offerings are also good.

I can't help with the holster or where-to-buy, however - sorry.

:)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Incan host!!
Not sure about UK Malkoff sales
Wolfeyes may throw further than M60 Malkoff and certainly further than the M61 type however, the Malkoff will have a longer service life. I really like Malkoff products.
I suggest trying both if possible.
Yes the V70 holster should work very well.

LGD

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies guys! I'll get the Malkoff and the Wolf Eyes and see which one I prefer.

Am I right in thinking that the M2 is just a beefed up C2 with shock protection in the head? Is there anything other than that that'd make it worth the extra £70 over the C2?

I do tend to use and abuse my lights and they get dropped every so often so if the M2 is worth the extra money I may look into it...

Last edited:

LGD

Newly Enlightened
Double timeout post. Whoops!

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
The M2 has the shock-isolated bezel, both the P60 and P61 incandescent Lamp Assemblies, and double o-rings on the TailCap end of the body.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?215859-SureFire-M2-vs-C2

If you're sticking with incandescent light then the M2 will give you better protection.

If you're [ever] going to replace the incandescent Lamp Assembly with an aftermarket LED drop-in then the C2 is a better choice because the bezel will better sink the heat away from the drop-in compared to the M2's shock isolated bezel that isolates the drop-in thermally as well as physically.

LGD

Newly Enlightened
Ah that clears it up, thanks!

I'm looking to go with a drop-in pretty much straight away so I'll stick with the C2.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The C2 incan is probably your best choice for modifying the drop-in, without paying any extra for the M2. The Malkoff devices HCRI or M61L drop-ins, or a custom nailbender. Just be aware, that Malkoff Devices drop-ins do not fit some of the Wolf eyes lights. "Note: This mod will not work in Wolf Eyes Lights."

LGD

Newly Enlightened
Excellent, I'll go with the Incan and get the Malkoff. The wolf eyes one I mentioned is a P60 style drop-in on the website I'll be getting the C2 from, so I'll get it too and see how it compares to the Malkoff.

I'm glad I asked as the C2 LED is an extra £30 more than the C2 Incan and the only difference is a bulb I won't be using.

Thanks everyone!
LGD