LED replacmemnt for SF G3

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
So I picked up a Surefire G3 where I am currently located for a while. I'd like to get a LED assy for it. I've checked out Malkoff. It seems like you have to time it just right to buy something from them. I also looked around Lighthound. Haven't seen much about some of the products they have though. I'd like to find a simple 1 mode LED drop in though. Something in the 4000K range or higher would be nice. Any suggestions?

StainlessSteel

Enlightened

cm_mtb

Enlightened
Agreed, get a Malkoff. If you want more lumens than the M61LL, you can also run the M61L without heat buildup concerns. If you want something cooler than 4000K, you should probably stay away from the "W" models, and go for one of the regular dropins, like the one I linked.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
illuminationsupply.com also sells the Malkoff Devices drop-ins. And they sell a HCRI version. Good advice given above. If you have the Nitrolon version, do not go with a high powered LED. I would go with a XP-G as maximum power. You could also check with fellow member nailbender and have him make you a custom drop-in to suit your needs.

Dr Evil

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for something in the 200 to 250lm range. The Malkoff M61s say 3.4 to 9v. Wouldn't that be a problem with the 3x123a batteries?

I looked at SF's products. They don't offer much more output and they cost as much as the Malkoffs.

The G3 I bought doesn't have a metal head. I'll send a message to nailbender to see what he can do.

880arm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking for something in the 200 to 250lm range. The Malkoff M61s say 3.4 to 9v. Wouldn't that be a problem with the 3x123a batteries?

I looked at SF's products. They don't offer much more output and they cost as much as the Malkoffs.

The G3 I bought doesn't have a metal head. I'll send a message to nailbender to see what he can do.

3x123a = 9 volts so you would be fine with the M61.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got it! ;) :thumbsup: The M61W is pretty close to what your looking for. Keep us posted as to what you go for, and be sure to post photos!

Latest posts