Stinger lanyard?

Aux

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know of a manufacturer of lanyards for a Streamlight Stinger?

I am looking for a device that would aid in holding the light with a pistol (as an LEO), and facilitate maintaining a hold on the light while reloading. Something like found on Surefires, or like the Handlelight EndCap.

Thanks!

Caddyshack

Newly Enlightened
I want one too...Plus one for the Ultrastinger and Tigerlight. Why don't we see lanyard options for most handheld items?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't care for lanyards, i would think it would get in the way, but if you want one just make it. you could use paracord or a sf lanyard, maybe a combination thereof?

2dogs

Enlightened
I made a lanyard for my US. I wrapped the entire light with 4mm nylon cord from a climbing gear store. The loop is about 10in long and controlled by a "plastic knot" the slides. The wrap is what you would do to whip the end of a rope. I did not intend tactical use when I did this, mearly as a lanyard. I will say it stores alot or cord and is extremly strong.
I don't much care for lights, knives, or widgets that can't take a lanyard. I carry a 6P with a TID, if it didn't have a lanyard it would probabaly stay home. Good luck.

Caddyshack

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you guys with metal working lathes could produce an insert which would fit between the tailcap and body of a Streamlight or Tigerlight to allow us to hook up a lanyard? I never have found a way to securely tie paracord onto a cylinder and not have it slip.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed Brinkmann, for their single-AAA flashlight, has a clever lanyard adapter.

It's simply a very thin steel washer that slips over the threads, onto which a small ring has been brazed or welded. So when the light is put together all you see is the little ring poking out next to the tailcap O-ring.

Should not be too hard to make by brazing a ring to a washer (hard silver solder ought to be strong enough). I haven't looked for materials of the right size though, and I don't have a way of cutting those shapes.

blackz28

Newly Enlightened
Here's one that I made a year ago for my M6. Problem is that I have no access to the equipment that I used to make this (CNC Laser).
fdf8a9c2.jpg

TigerLight Pro

Newly Enlightened
Another way to adapt a lanyard is to us a 3m heat shrink tube in the VF series. You can shrink fit the lanyard to the light in any position that you like.

good luck