Klarus XT2C pocket clip

azlakerfan12

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Klarus XT2C light but was wondering if anyone could recommend a person or place that might be willing to create a deep carry pocket clip for it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lack of a clip on the XT series is a serious and glaring oversight.
Why the XT-10 has a clip and none of the others is beyond me. It was just stupid not to include one.

azlakerfan12

Newly Enlightened
I agree. I was just wondering if anyone was making a pocket clip for it since it didn't come with one. I guess I may just have to make it work with a lanyard unless anyone has any ideas for clips.

Thanks,

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my XT2C with clip today. It's really looks like the clips from the JetBeam PA/PC series.
It holds solidly to the XT2C body.

Judging by the pics of XT2C I have seen so far on the web I'd say the body of the light hasn't been changed to fit this clip.
My guess is that the exact same clip would fit all those XT2Cs sold before the light started shipping with a clip.

From an aesthetic standpoint, I wished the clip would be titanium coated: IMO stainless steel does not look great with the Klarus color. Other than that, I have no complaints with the light or the clip.

6983599084_b1204ff3dd_b.jpg
[/URL] Klarus_XT2C by Labrador77, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Nice :) - hope mine comes with a clip too. Still hopes it comes today, but probably end of this week.

Kevinkw1

Newly Enlightened
Seems like a shallow clip :( prob would be hard to find a deep carry design for it. I'm sure someone here could point to one but!

loquutis79

Enlightened
I got my XT2C yesterday (GoingGear) but no clip. They said that they don't have them yet but will get some soon. Guess I will need to make a separate order

kj2

Flashaholic
If you don't get it with a clip you might be able to get one separately later.
Hope you receive your light soon! :)
Well, if it comes without, than I won't buy one separately. Don't want to pay US$2-6 for a clip, that I normally don't use.
And if it comes with one, maybe I will start to use the clip ;)

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first led flashlight, a Nitecore ID, didn't have a clip and never felt the need for one: thought clips were ugly unnecessary accessories! :)
Then I got my first flashlight with a clip and understood why people find clips handy. The thing is I kept my Nitecore in my pocket with lots of other stuff that slowly but relentlessly took off the black anodizing: my Nitecore ended up looking almost like a TI!!!

Now to be on the safe side I clip all my lights to my pocket and also make sure I don't keep metal stuff in the same pocket where the light is. I also find it handy to able to locate my lights without fumbling in the pocket.
I have to say though the XT2C is biggish, it even makes my PD31 look small so it's not that you'll to look for it much if you keep it down your pocket! If you use your TK11 without a clip I don't think you'll need one for your XT2C! : )

kj2

Flashaholic
My first led flashlight, a Nitecore ID, didn't have a clip and never felt the need for one: thought clips were ugly unnecessary accessories! :)
Then I got my first flashlight with a clip and understood why people find clips handy. The thing is I kept my Nitecore in my pocket with lots of other stuff that slowly but relentlessly took off the black anodizing: my Nitecore ended up looking almost like a TI!!!

Now to be on the safe side I clip all my lights to my pocket and also make sure I don't keep metal stuff in the same pocket where the light is. I also find it handy to able to locate my lights without fumbling in the pocket.
I have to say though the XT2C is biggish, it even makes my PD31 look small so it's not that you'll to look for it much if you keep it down your pocket! If you use your TK11 without a clip I don't think you'll need one for your XT2C! : )

I always think, does the clip hold my light? Doesn't my light fall to the ground? Find it much saver to put it in my pocket or to use the holster.
Don't have a clip for my TK11. Have the early R2 version. No clip with that one.
Do have a clip with my Thrunite TN11, don't use it. Hard to clip on, or I have to remove the o-ring before. -That's why I normally always buy light with holster, or that are small enough for my pocket.

Does the clip provided with this light, hold the light nice and tight? No chance that the clip comes loose easily ?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The problem with that style clip is that they tend to pop off. I have had my XT-11 clip come off the light several times.
Clips like eagleTac and Four Sevens, Xtar that are held on with a ring are a much better solution.

I prefer all of my lights to have a clip. I guess any clip is better than no clip (for me). YMMV

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always think, does the clip hold my light? Doesn't my light fall to the ground? Find it much saver to put it in my pocket or to use the holster.
Don't have a clip for my TK11. Have the early R2 version. No clip with that one.
Do have a clip with my Thrunite TN11, don't use it. Hard to clip on, or I have to remove the o-ring before. -That's why I normally always buy light with holster, or that are small enough for my pocket.

Does the clip provided with this light, hold the light nice and tight? No chance that the clip comes loose easily ?
I carry my lights inside the pocket clipped to the pocket - with the external part of the clip being outside the pocket.
I have seen pictures of Fenix lights clipped to the belt: personally I'd never clip the light outside my jeans or pants. The reason is the light might get tangled and might be pulled off the clip. When I want to keep the light outside my pocket - e.g. when I go hiking I use holsters.

If you keep them attached to your belt, the holster makes perfect sense. Also, the Klarus XT2C holster is low profile so it's nice to wear to your belt.
Amazingly enough, the flap closes fine you! That of my XT1A and XT2A is simply too short!

kj2

Flashaholic
I carry my lights inside the pocket clipped to the pocket - with the external part of the clip being outside the pocket.
I have seen pictures of Fenix lights clipped to the belt: personally I'd never clip the light outside my jeans or pants. The reason is the light might get tangled and might be pulled off the clip. When I want to keep the light outside my pocket - e.g. when I go hiking I use holsters.

If you keep them attached to your belt, the holster makes perfect sense. Also, the Klarus XT2C holster is low profile so it's nice to wear to your belt.
Amazingly enough, the flap closes fine you! That of my XT1A and XT2A is simply too short!

That's the safest way to carry with a clip, light on the inside. :)

kj2

Flashaholic
Just walked with my dog and this light. Nice light, gives a nice clear beam. White (slightly purple-ish) hot-spot :)
Throw, I say, 80-100meters. At that distance you can recognise someone. Further than that, it lights up but it is not clear (rail-road sign did light up at a distance around 175meters). Would like see this light in comparison with the
Fenix PD32. Think the PD32 will throw a bit further (just checked the video"s from marshall, xt2c is brighter but looks like it have a bigger spot), but that the XT2C has a nicer beam/hot-spot (and colour- all my Fenix light have some green)
Switching it on-off, changing mode and going in to strobe goes every easy and fast. This light will be handy for law-enforcement/security/and people (like me) who like strobe:sssh:

Last edited:

loquutis79

Enlightened
So Labrador72, where did you get your XT2C from? Seems no one else including me are getting clips. I really miss a clip on what is otherwise a very fine light. I hate that my XT2C keeps falling to the bottom of my pocket

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Know how you feel: had the same problem with the XT1A when I first got it. Actually still do as the XT1A does not have a clip yet, it's just I don't carry it around anymore, only use it at home!

I bought my XT2C already with the clip: Klarus had told me it would be shipping soon so I waited till I found an online retailer that had some with the clip in stock (retailer in the UK). It took a while as retailers might still have the batches without clips and wouldn't necessarily order new stock before they sell out what they have.

Your best bet is probably to e-mail Klarus China or your local Klarus distributor if there's one in Canada. Klarus China are fairly quick to reply.
I seriously hope Klarus is selling the XT2C clip as a spare, it would only make sense but I don't know for sure cos mine came with the light and so far I've never bought spares for my three Klarus lights.

I had to buy spares for one of my Fenix lights and e-mailed Fenix China: they just asked me the serial number so that they could see where the light came from and based on that they gave me the contact details of a distributor/retailer and got my spare quickly. I'd expect things to work more or less the same way with Klarus.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

jaytea24

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered mine this morning from goinggear and he said it has the clip on it. Can't wait. I was really debating between other lights, but this one now coming with the clip easily sealed the deal for me as I have and love my XT11. So if anyone else is looking they may still have some in stock.