I love this light (Deerelight DBS)

varmint

Enlightened
I recieved a Deerelight DBS in the Christmas gifting, I wanted right from the start and somehow I got it. I have used this light alot since I got it. Tonight I had a black angus bull missing at feeding time so I went back home to get my rain gear on and 2 lights the Deerelight and my TN11, it is very dark tonight with no moon solid clouds and light rain. I really got to try both of them side by side, the TN11 is brighter but the Deerelight out threw it, I had 2 18500's in both. It spotted an all black bull about 150 yds with no problem and the rain showed up in the beam for along way. The DBS is one heck of a good using light.
Larry

Last edited by a moderator:

duro

Enlightened
Re: I love this light

it's *DBS* --what does that mean anyway? :thumbsup:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just ordered the Thrunite TN11, but how much more did the Dereelight out throw the TN11?
I am now wondering if I should have ordered the Dereelight.
Do you have the Dereelight with the R5 or XML?

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Dereelight DBS V3 3SM w/ Aspheric Head and the XR-E R2 EZ900 led is the absolute BEST thrower money can ever buy at the moment. It will out-throw any of the throwers mentioned here in the forums. Complete set is 120 bucks, waaay cheaper than the other big throwers. :)

Check this beam out:
picture076jpg1000filterkb9.jpg

XR-E R2 : EZ900
led is the

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's impressive!!!!!
The Dereelight DBS V3 3SM w/ Aspheric Head and the XR-E R2 EZ900 led is the absolute BEST thrower money can ever buy at the moment. It will out-throw any of the throwers mentioned here in the forums. Complete set is 120 bucks, waaay cheaper than the other big throwers. :)
Check this beam out:

led is the

davyro

Enlightened

I just ordered the Thrunite TN11, but how much more did the Dereelight out throw the TN11?
I am now wondering if I should have ordered the Dereelight.
Do you have the Dereelight with the R5 or XML?

You won't be dissapointed with your TN11 like Varmint said it's brighter than the Dereelight & it is a very good thrower,it's just the Dereelight has a concentrated thin beam
that goes farther,the spill from the TN11 is really bright so you get close to you lit up really well but you still get a very good throw as i've said.If its just a laser like beam that
goes really far the Dereelight is very,very good.You'll need an aspheric head for best results for the laser like beam.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Davyro....I appreciate your response, and that is exactly what I needed to know. Now I know the TN11 is the light I want.
You won't be dissapointed with your TN11 like Varmint said it's brighter than the Dereelight & it is a very good thrower,it's just the Dereelight has a concentrated thin beam
that goes farther,the spill from the TN11 is really bright so you get close to you lit up really well but you still get a very good throw as i've said.If its just a laser like beam that
goes really far the Dereelight is very,very good.You'll need an aspheric head for best results for the laser like beam.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

it's *DBS* --what does that mean anyway? :thumbsup:

+

Alan at Dereelight mentioned it only one time, a few years ago:
DBS stands for Dream Beam Shot

Still one of the best lights for its versatility and adaptability.

>>>>>

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dream Beam Shot! I never knew that. That's awesome. I agree with all, I love my DBS. It is fantastic with the reflector and the aspheric head. I have also had fantastic experiences with Jay at FlashlightConnection in the US.

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened

What pill? the DBS XM-L is 27k lux and the TN11 is 29k I think

Is the DBS asphyric really the farthest throwing light? I wish I would get a Deft still

varmint

Enlightened

EZ900 xre I think it's called, I have never seen a deft or know of one near here. Yes the DL ASP will throw but thats it, almost NO spill light......... Really my other DR with the xml is much more useful to me.

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr T read my above post on wow #2..

What is funny is that a couple of years ago I showed my DBS to a friend who raises Shorthorn cattle. I told him he needed something like it for searching for cows at night! As per your testimony it works well for that application.

Streak

Enlightened

EZ900 xre I think it's called, I have never seen a deft or know of one near here. Yes the DL ASP will throw but thats it, almost NO spill light......... Really my other DR woth the xml is much more useful to me.
Nice post Varmint.
I would like to get the DR ASP like you have but also an XML version for verstaility (more flood).
Which DL XML did you get?

AlPal

Newly Enlightened

I am also a user of the DBS lights and it is one of my favourite and most used lights. I have not purchased one of the newer twist models. Does anyone have one of the twist models, and is the user interface signifigantly better and easier to use?

Noobiwan

Newly Enlightened
Outer Galactic Rim Of The Coruscant Star System

I am also a user of the DBS lights and it is one of my favourite and most used lights. I have not purchased one of the newer twist models. Does anyone have one of the twist models, and is the user interface signifigantly better and easier to use?

The UI is improved in that you will stay on "high mode only" when the head is fully tightened. When the head is slightly loosened, however, the UI acts exactly the same as the old DBS versions, and are you able to switch through the modes.

I do wish the Dereelight UI would allow momentary on/off throughout the modes, and not just on high. Kinda like the UI of the Olight M20. That would be really sweet. I, for one, really dislike changing modes with the clicky switch. Love the light, hate the UI.

Streak

Enlightened

Can some of you DBS owners tell me what lego parts I need to order in addition to the Dereelight DBS V3 3SM w/ Aspheric Head and the XR-E R2 EZ900 led to achieve a beam with a bit more spill? DBS-T entire head-package?
Given that I just took delivery of the Klarus XT11 and have the XT20 should I not waste my time on trying to achieve spill with the DBS and rather just spend my money on the DBS V3 3SM w/ Aspheric Head and the XR-E R2 EZ900 to fill the ultimate thrower gap I dont currently have filled?

TheExpert

Newly Enlightened

Check this beam out:

led is the
If I am not mistaken I believe this shot is with the reflector, I remember someone awhile back asking which led is in this pic and DM51 helped him out. I have the dbs v3 with xre aspheric it throws amazingly for the price you pay you really cant beat it.