Donut Hole In P60 Drop In

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's a Solarforce or other cheapie, see if the reflector can screw onto the dropin more or less to fix it. Don't touch the inside of the reflector or let dust get in.

fvdk

Newly Enlightened
Exchange the SMO (smooth) reflector for an OP (Orange Peel).
Will give slightly less trow but will smooth out the beam.

Al Combs

Enlightened
If it's a P7 or an MC-E LED (quad die), the donut is to some degree "normal" because of the dead space in the center of the cross. The arms of the cross aren't visible because the large amount of coma in high speed parabolic reflectors smears the light into the dead parts of the image. Basically the same reason LED's appear round in reflectors instead of square as it does with a narrow TIR or an aspheric. Only the very center of a parabola's image is undistorted.

Sputtering with clear acrylic spray paint may be an option for a smooth reflectors. It won't help if the reflector already has some degree of orange peel or stippling. The downside is the lux value of the light will drop by about half. Most of the light still comes out the front. It's just in a wider beam profile. Also there is some risk to this method if you overdo it and make a mess. As AnAppleSnail noted, the aluminum coating of the reflector is VERY soft. Any attempt at cleaning with even a cotton ball will leave a zillion scratches on the surface. Ask me how I know.:( I have successfully thrown a reflector in a plastic bag with thinner and just shake after it's been soaking for a bit. Blow the residue off with canned air before it evaporates and try again. This technique can sometimes remove the infamous KD/DX fingerprint on the reflector surface. Of course that method of cleaning is no good if the reflector is plastic.:shakehead