Got My Fenix TK35 Today

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I ordered this Sat from Shane and it arrived today which is Mon. That's quicker than quick. Thanks Shane.

DSCF1809Small.jpg

DSCF1807Small.jpg

DSCF1794Small.jpg

DSCF1803Small.jpg

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
Love my TK35. The tint could be better, but hey I'm not complaining when it puts out 820 lumens! It's definitely a light you can show off (I know I have). It puts out a ton of light for its size and the throw is more than adequate for most uses. I like throwy lights because they're fun to play with, but the beam of light the TK35 puts out is simply awesome. I can light up entire corners of my yard with it from the back porch.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup! even with its obviously green tint in the lower modes, my TK35 is no slouch! I bring this big boy when lots of light is needed. :)

BarryH

Enlightened
In that bottom photo it looks like your TK35 is so bright...

That it knocked Grandma right out of her rocking chair! :eek:oo:

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
After I joined CPF and became enlightened, I chose the TK35 for my first serious LED flashlight and I do not regret it one bit. It's the brightest light I've got, for now.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats guys! The issue I now face after owning the TK35 for about a year now, is finding a light that can top it. It should be relatively the same size, but higher output and greater throw. The only ones that can beat it are quite long, and the reflectors are too wide.

Here are some XML lights which can out-throw the TK35:
1. Thrunite Catapult V3
2. Olight M3X (currently the king of throw)
3. Olight SR51

The other more powerful lights take 4 or more 18650's which essentially are on a different league with these three.

Of the three, im leaning towards the M3X.You can see the beamshots comparison in the other threads and Marshall's video on the Thrower Showdown comparing the TK35, M3X and the Catapult V3.

But size and output, the TK35 is in a league of its own.

If only there was a light with the same relative size of the TK35 using the same modes, and the head of the M3X, now that would be a winner in my book! Problem is, the light will look top heavy with the large reflector over the thin/short body.

bgogo

Newly Enlightened
I like tk35, too.
It's also can be a supplementary light.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Well guys I now can say that I have found the perfect all around general purpose flashlight.

Here's a shot at 60yds.

DSCF1849Small.jpg

Enlightened
Congrats guys! The issue I now face after owning the TK35 for about a year now, is finding a light that can top it. It should be relatively the same size, but higher output and greater throw. The only ones that can beat it are quite long, and the reflectors are too wide.

Here are some XML lights which can out-throw the TK35:
1. Thrunite Catapult V3
2. Olight M3X (currently the king of throw)
3. Olight SR51

The other more powerful lights take 4 or more 18650's which essentially are on a different league with these three.

Of the three, im leaning towards the M3X.You can see the beamshots comparison in the other threads and Marshall's video on the Thrower Showdown comparing the TK35, M3X and the Catapult V3.

But size and output, the TK35 is in a league of its own.

If only there was a light with the same relative size of the TK35 using the same modes, and the head of the M3X, now that would be a winner in my book! Problem is, the light will look top heavy with the large reflector over the thin/short body.

You can take a look at the SWM V60C. I don't think you'd like aspherics of XR-E reflectors. Check out another forum, details are all there, just goggle. Dinodirect selling for 101.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Only 2 reasons I don't have the tk35.
Greenage? I hate it.
Tk35 should come with a diffuser. Sometimes you want to light up where you are instead of 100 yds away!

recDNA

Flashaholic
Only 2 reasons I don't have the tk35.
Greenage? I hate it.
Tk35 should come with a diffuser. Sometimes you want to light up where you are instead of 100 yds away!

Btw, doesn't the sr51 throw as far as the m3x?

bl4ck4dd3r

Newly Enlightened
Had mine a few days now and am very pleased with it. The guys at work are quite jealous too.
Next is to get some rechargeable cells as I tend to use it on max and am getting through them
at quite a rate. I think I must be fortunate too as no one I ask can see any green tint on mine
so either it isn't there else we are all colourblind.