Ok...silly question time...

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
I want a small flashlight to attach to my blue Leatherman Squirt PS4.

I was gonna get a 4Sevens Preon 1 in the blue, but I found out that Fenix, one of my favorite brands, also offers one of their lights - The E05 - in blue as well.

Here's my question.

I just bought a Fenix E01 in blue, but it's more of a darker, navy blue. Is the Fenix E05 in blue a closer match to the Leatherman Squirt's shade of blue? It's a more lighter, kinda electric blue is how I would describe it.

Please don't take away my man card for thinking like a woman, wanting my tool and torch to match. :shakehead

Imon

Enlightened
Your man card has officially been revoked. Please turn it into the nearest collection bin ASAP. :p

Well... I own a LM PS4 myself and the P4 (which I like more - why Leatherman, why did you discontinue this tool?!:shakehead)

Anyways, the iTP EOS A3 in blue is more along the lines of the PS4 blue although it is a gloss finish not a matte.

To answer your specific question though perhaps this post might help you.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?296723-Fenix-EO5&p=3738194&viewfull=1#post3738194

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure whichever light that ends up rubbing and bumping against your stainless Squirt won't have much color finish left on it over time..

luvlites

Newly Enlightened
I want a small flashlight to attach to my blue Leatherman Squirt PS4.

I was gonna get a 4Sevens Preon 1 in the blue, but I found out that Fenix, one of my favorite brands, also offers one of their lights - The E05 - in blue as well.

Here's my question.

I just bought a Fenix E01 in blue, but it's more of a darker, navy blue. Is the Fenix E05 in blue a closer match to the Leatherman Squirt's shade of blue? It's a more lighter, kinda electric blue is how I would describe it.

Please don't take away my man card for thinking like a woman, wanting my tool and torch to match. :shakehead

Build a light box and test it. It's not a calibrated integrating sphere but much better than "eyeballing" it. :)

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?329274-Eight-Simple-Under-20-Lightboxes

mikesantor

Enlightened
As long as one of the 2 items matches your panties your all good.

Lol, just messing with you bro. I have nothing to contribute but could not pass this up. Have a good night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
In a related topic, I also have a Leatherman Juice S2 in the storm gray finish. I also want a small light for it.

I'm thinking a Titanium 4Sevens Mini Quark AA.

Does it have a matte finish like my Leatherman? Or is it a glossy finish?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a blue itp A3, blue squirt s4, and blue preon 1 body....

the preon blue matches the squirt pretty well, same tone of blue, but the preon is a shade lighter.

the itp A3 blue has more violet and looks quite different than the blue on the squirt.

i also have a fenix E05, and like it much more than the preon. and if i were to get another it would be the purple E05 =)

kts

Enlightened
Just buy a black Squirt PS4 and Fenix LD01, thats what I carry with my keys, the LD01 is also a lot brighter.

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
i have a blue itp A3, blue squirt s4, and blue preon 1 body....

the preon blue matches the squirt pretty well, same tone of blue, but the preon is a shade lighter.

the itp A3 blue has more violet and looks quite different than the blue on the squirt.

i also have a fenix E05, and like it much more than the preon. and if i were to get another it would be the purple E05 =)

Yeah, I'm thinking a blue Fenix E05 as well. My daughter's favorite color is purple, so I think I'll go ahead and pick her up a purple one too...just for kicks and giggles. She's thirteen and has her own house key now. And of course, her little keychain is adorned with all kinds of girly do-dads and such. A purple E05 will do her good.

Just buy a black Squirt PS4 and Fenix LD01, thats what I carry with my keys, the LD01 is also a lot brighter.

I would but this blue Squirt was a Christmas gift from my daughter. She'd have cats if I didn't tote it.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
I have the black E05 so I cannot comment on the blue color, but I think you are really going to like the E05.