Thrunite Catapault V3 stuff...

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. Just want to share a bit of an annoyance.

I LOVE my Thrunite Catapault V3. Awesome awesome light. Feels great, looks great and has amazing throw and output. But when I loosen the head for lower outputs the Damn thing stays on lower settings until I point the head down at the ground... Then she starts freaking out and going thru all its output settings. I think it has to b something wrong with the contact points maybe... I dunno, maybe the spring needs stretching... But I'm trepidatious about trying ti adjust it too much.

Help?

Batteries I'm using r 18650 x 1 or x 2
Any thoughts at all

Still love this light tho. I mainly use it on high for running my Golden Retriever and Whippet/Fox Terrier cross at the local football oval so low settings r not a necessity there. It's just I want to b able to use it on low sometimes... Y'know.

Thanks my fellow walking flashlight encyclopedias:)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had that same problem with my catapult v3. The problem could be the type of 18650 cells you are using im really sure as i just returned my catapult and got a sunwayman t40cs in its place.
The t40cs throws more but the catapult has a better beam. (no donut hole like my t40cs) I might buy it again. :whistle:

westfork

Newly Enlightened
The quick fix is to just rotate further for your low setting - Then it won't make "unauthorized" contact from the head wiggling.
I agree this is an awesome light!

wakemare

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. Tried loosening then just doing it up about a 10th of a turn. It's ok now hey. I think my next light will b a sunwayled.

syntax

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if this is the same thing, but I noticed my V3 Catapult randomly changing modes when the head is loosened as well. I figured out what was happening. The 2 Redilast 18650 cells I had in it were shifting and temporarily losing contact with each other, causing the mode change. What's interesting is I noticed that Thrunite included a small rare earth magnet in the spare parts bag that came with the light. I've started putting the magnet in between the two Redilast cells. Problem solved! No more random mode changes.

kenphliu

Newly Enlightened
The length of the 18650 cells could be the problem, and also the contact as well. I had the same problem and it was resolved after I cleaned out the contact.