Lumens Factory news ........

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make your own conclusions but i thought id post part of an email reply i recieved from lumensfactory CS................

Thank you for your comments.
It is very valuable to us, I will look into a thicker glass alternative for the e heads.
I understand it might be a bit on the thin side.
As for stainless steel bezal, it was scheduled to be a upgradable piece and we are indeed looking to release one in the near future.
Maybe flat and scalloped versions if possible.

As for XM-L D26 it is very hard as the heat dissipation is the biggest issue.
BUT, we have something up our sleeve for the XM-L to be released in a month or so.
It is a Mil-spec M (nonturbo) head that has been tested by the police in Hong Kong and some of our law enforcement friends in Texas as well.
The glass on it is over an inch thick (3mm) tempered and built for the weaponlights, so that will not break like the E series heads.
It will sport a D36 XM-L reflector and also modular with many options.
We have plans on releasing a XM-L version of the Seraph M Turbo head as well.

Thank you for your continued support and comments, customers like you make us better.

Last edited by a moderator:

cccpull

Enlightened
" The glass on it is over an inch thick (3mm) "

Wow, isn't that a bit thick? :eek: Do they mean 3cm or 3mm? :confused:

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I would have to presume that they meant to add in a fraction - 1/8 inch thick rather than inch thick. An inch of glass would be pretty crazy!

notrefined

Enlightened
my guess is that it's an error in the metric-english conversion, mm vs cm as alluded to before. An inch think hunk of glass *would* make a formidable weapon/light if thrown at an adversary, though ;)

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to presume that they meant to add in a fraction - 1/8 inch thick rather than inch thick. An inch of glass would be pretty crazy!

this is what i thought, sounds interesting though im up for it .....