12V cigarette lighter flashlight

Beckler

Enlightened
Is there such a flashlight that's of actual useable quality? I got the junk-variety from 'deal extreme' and it's just that--dollar store quality garbage that doesn't even fit my socket properly anyway. But the idea is good, since you then don't need to keep a charger or extra batteries in your car. You could store it in the socket so it's always charged, or plug it in periodically.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I bought one at the same store as you. I thought there was something wrong with my car lol. It totally does not want to fit. I believe LED Lenser makes a proper model

Beckler

Enlightened
Yup, I'd seen that one actually..it was the 12 lumen (wth?) output that was the problem.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
The dx ones we got is no more powerfull, they overrate everything. With the lenser if they say its 12 then it is 12 or very close

DaveG

Enlightened
Home Depot had some over the holidays that fit car power outlets,for around $5. Not bad for the price.Nebo makes one also but is a few more dollars. Battery Junction also sells 12-v plug in lights.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one at the same store as you. I thought there was something wrong with my car lol. It totally does not want to fit. I believe LED Lenser makes a proper model

Correct LL do make one,it also available as an accessory from makers such as Jaguar cars.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I got the Home Depot one last year. Not bad actually, for the price. I have to wedge some paper beside it to get it to fit right in the lighter socket.

Geoff

GunnarGG

Enlightened
There is the 12vspotlight that I thought was "the original" but I might be all wrong about that.

They claim 35 lumens, I'll guess it's about half of that.
I had one that the head fell of from after about 1,5 years, got a new one on warranty.
They feel like decent quality but the head is sort of "snap on" with some plastic clips inside.
Works pretty well, good inside the car when you drop something on the floor or outside for closer distance.
They claim 180 min runtime but I had mine lit for I think more than 4 hours with decent brightness.

The red light when it charge (all the time) is very annoying but I have a lid over my ashtray / lightersocket so it's no problem.