How stout is the Fenix E11...

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
I was just wondering if the Fenix E11 is robust enough to handle the recoil of a 12 gauge shotgun?

They sell these on their website, but that doesn't mean the E11 can handle the scattergun's massive recoil...does it? :thinking:

fenix-picatinni-mount-e11-001-l.jpg

davecroft

Enlightened
It's a tough little bugger, so I reckon it should be ok... just dropped mine 3 feet on the floor - head first no problems, but tail first it turned itself off when the switch hit the ground.

The spring at the negative end is pretty long so I don't think the battery would lose contact even with a shotgun recoil. Be interesting to try it but firearms licences are not that easy to get here!

Glock 'em down

Newly Enlightened
It's a tough little bugger, so I reckon it should be ok... just dropped mine 3 feet on the floor - head first no problems, but tail first it turned itself off when the switch hit the ground.

The spring at the negative end is pretty long so I don't think the battery would lose contact even with a shotgun recoil. Be interesting to try it but firearms licences are not that easy to get here!

You must be in Commiefornia. Sorry dude. :(

GaAslamp

Enlightened

I figure it would survive, but I'd be reluctant to depend on any particular flashlight mounted on a firearm unless it were thoroughly tested first, and preferably designed with that purpose in mind.

The spring at the negative end is pretty long so I don't think the battery would lose contact even with a shotgun recoil.

I guess it wouldn't matter if the battery momentarily lost contact anyway, as long as it would come back on in the same mode. The latter should be true for the E11 as long as its forward clicky is stiff enough to resist its own inertia during the recoil impulse, but not necessarily every flashlight.

Be interesting to try it but firearms licences are not that easy to get here!

Out of curiosity, where are you located? (not asking for your address--a country or state will do ;))

You must be in Commiefornia. Sorry dude. :(

Oddly enough, I live in "Commiefornia" and have no problems buying firearms (legally). Now, obtaining a permit to carry concealed is generally more difficult, but it varies by county--easy in some and virtually impossible in others. The latter is unfortunate, as exercising our Constitutional rights should not be dependent on the personal whims of a county sheriff :rolleyes: (and I expect this will change for the better over the next several years), but currently no permit or license is required to purchase firearms or shoot them at a range or in the home for self-defense in California.

At least in the United States, there are few places where it is difficult for a person who has a clean record to legally own firearms--maybe Illinois, Hawaii, some northeastern states, and Washington D.C. will make the process unnecessarily difficult, but it's usually doable if you're sufficiently determined (the 2nd Amendment has now been "incorporated" through the 14th Amendment by the Supreme Court, which means that you have the right to keep and bear arms unless you're a felon or legally insane).

Last edited:

davecroft

Enlightened
In the UK. We had an incident last week with a licenced firearms holder who killed several members of his family so I fully expect UK law on firearms to become even tougher in future.